Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Camps
Quote | Reply
The annual thread on spring training camps….
Wondering if anyone knew of any good ones. What’s the best? What do you like? Would love the camaraderie and chance to meet other triathletes. Prefer ones around CO, KS, IA, MN, NE area but let’s hear about all of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Camps [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on people!
Quote Reply
Re: Training Camps [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spring camps are over:) In my experience most of them are in the Feb / March / early April time frame in places like Tucson - i know Friel, CPC, Multisport.com all did early camps this year - if you don't mind the travel try counterpartcoaching.com - Mitch puts on a great camp just outside Palm Springs and seems to have one running pretty much every month...else get a few mates together and hit the road yourself - it aint hard to organise if you just want the miles
Quote Reply
Re: Training Camps [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a self admitted CpC camp groupie and can tell you first hand that if you want some great training, great food, and even better tri commraderie you'll get all the bang for your buck here. His July camp will probably be a bit warm in the desert, but would be ideal for those late season, warmer climate races.

If anyone wants some great photos of previous camps, email me at seanhackney@remax.net and I'll shot you some to get a feel for the area.

Hack
Quote Reply
Re: Training Camps [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Spring camps are over"

Speak for yourself. I think April is a perfect time to get away for a week and do a single sport focus or a big balanced week. Where I live, if you go away in Feb/Mar to some place warm you come back home to full on winter and that can be a bit depressing. If you do it in early April you come back home to warming weather that you look forward to getting outdoors in.

Also, when do you want to peak - for many this is not going to be until July August or even September. That's still a long way away and April is still a great time to lay down some decent base miles for summer races.

I just returned from a week of cycling in Clermont, Florida. It's been a great way to kick start the cycling season.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply