Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1/2 Iron Distance in Mid-June in NE
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you would happen to know of any 1/2 iron distance races in the northeast during mid June (2nd, 3rd or 4th week). (can't do Mooseman due to prior comitments)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2 Iron Distance in Mid-June in NE [IMTriSBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tupper Lake in Upstate New York - End of June
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Patriot Man on July 1st in Mass.

Mike.
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2 Iron Distance in Mid-June in NE [turtlemike39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where is the patriot man?
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2 Iron Distance in Mid-June in NE [Kiri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is this one
Patriot Half July 1st in Freetown MA
or if you like the name :)...this one:
Patriots Half Sep 8th in Williamsburg VA
Last edited by: OldAndInTheWay: Apr 3, 07 4:46
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2 Iron Distance in Mid-June in NE [Kiri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patriot Half IM is down in Freetown MA, put on by the same folks that host the Cranberry Country tri, which is a good race. First year for this new half-iron, here's the link: http://www.patriothalf.com/

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah Patriot Man is looking like it might be good...Iknow some people doing that AND Lake Placid. I am wondering if I should do it too as I am also doing LP? maybe a bit much?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all!

I'm a bit worried that the Patriot 1/2 may be too close to LP... but it might not be such a bad idea. Let me know what you think. Too close to the LP?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing LP and it's my first IM, but I'm voting that three weeks is way too close for a half. You could see it as perfect timing to start your taper, but I think that the recovery from the race would interfere with an effective taper and if something were to go wrong at the half - something like bad stomach issues or a really bad dehydraton - you could really mess up the final preparation.

http://j-tris.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2 Iron Distance in Mid-June in NE [Spector] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah that is what I was thinking, too close
it is so hard though to not get caught up in what 'other' people are doing, I should just worry about myself! so thanks, i will resist the temptation to sign up for that one...
Quote Reply
Re: 1/2 Iron Distance in Mid-June in NE [Spector] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 i'm doing tupperman and LP. the way i look at it, tupper lake will be a great last minute tuneup for race strategy, transition area, nutrition, race bike setup etc. At this point i'm planning to race the swim and bike but not hammer on the half marathon.

Quote | Reply
No way, I'd say it's pretty good timing. Perfect hit-out to start the taper. You'd probably be doing something equally or more strenuous/long that weekend without the race, and a bit of intensity will probably be good after all of the IM training. Besides, in a three week taper, you're not exactly sitting around during the first week, there should still be some decently long workouts (maybe ~14 on the run, 80 on the bike).

That being said, if you know you recover from halves very slowly (more than a week), then it's probably too close. I did Ralph's three weeks before IMAZ last year, and that was perfect.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply