Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

POLL: Is Keith Jordan a Rain God
Quote | Reply
Instead of posting a race report from the Lone Star sprint tri, I want to make a bold claim:

Keith Jordan is a Rain God. Every race he puts on in New England, it pours rain. He moves to Texas. The first race he puts on in Texas (?), not only does it pour rain, but we also get thunderstorms and now a tornado watch. It *may* clear up for tomorrows races (an olympic distance and a half).

It's a shame, because they put on a really great race. Everything was really well organized, on time, a nice course, incredibly helpful volunteers and police, a fantastic goodie bag with a long sleeve coolmax shirt, FREE BEER at the post race party ... who could ask for more?

But they guy can not catch a break on the weather, so I am nominating him to be a Rain God. What say you? Yea or Nay?
Quote Reply
Re: POLL: Is Keith Jordan a Rain God [MuffinTop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am shocked the race went on with the weather locally.
i am 20 mintues from galveston and it has rained and flooded the streets here. Huge thunderstorms since 6 am.
i am heading down to the expo to work all day so i hope things clear up. my husband said the last of the finishers are coming in and there is a light rain. everyone is piled in the expo center.
at least the race went off.
Congrats to Keith for a job well done!
jana

http://www.triontherunfitness.com
http://www.triontherun.com
http://www.ontheruntx.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When does it not rain in Galveston,Texas in late March?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we got up at 6:30am and went right back to bed!!!! So how did it go? Can we get a mini race report?:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer man, but glad you got to race. 42* here this morning, with this weather map:

It's rained pretty much without a break for the last 3-4 days.
Quote Reply
Re: POLL: Is Keith Jordan a Rain God [jana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It didn't start raining at the race site itself until around 9am. It wasn't bad at all for the early waves (me :-) ) but it got pretty ugly out there all at once when the squall line came through.
Huge congratulations to Keith and the entire race crew for pulling off a race in these conditions, for sure, and especially for doing such a great job with it.

Now: is KJ a rain god?

I'm off to go get my bike out of transition now, and start drying it off for the half tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Re: POLL: Is Keith Jordan a Rain God [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can give you *part* of a race report :-)

As grant said, the swim was either a bit long or all of us are suddenly even worse at swimming. That was good though, b/c it made wearing the wetsuit worthwhile. I got out of the water near the front of my wave. The highlight of my race was probably the start and end of the bike ride, where I got to show off my flying cyclocross-style mount and dismount (this sometimes scares the crap out of the volunteers working the mount/dismount line. sorry guys!) Then I had a solid run. If the mile markers were accurate, I had a 5:30 1st mile and a 5:15 2nd mile.
I think there was only 1 guy from my wave ahead of me at the finish, by about 10sec. I was trying to catch him through the whole run but I couldn't get him.
Anyway it was a pretty cool race, although I am anxiously awaiting the results. Short races are really hard!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Will was 2nd OA, good job!

Good luck recovering for the half.

http://www.doitsports.com/newresults3/client/160329_191114_2007.html
Quote Reply
Re: POLL: Is Keith Jordan a Rain God [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
more kudos from me for Keith putting on a fantastic race. fortunately my wave went off early and i was done before the rain started but when it started it came down for real. extremely heavy downpour, so hard that transition flooded and there were flip-flops, goggles, helmets, and wetsuits floating everywhere. hopefully it will clear up for the longer races tomorrow. my best performance ever, 8th in my AG and 106 overall.
Quote Reply
Re: POLL: Is Keith Jordan a Rain God [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm really psyched!!

Now if only I had infinite recovery ... or rain formula, do they make a rain formula?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will,

I am incredibly disappointed that you didn't win this important race today. As punishment, you will race the 1/2IM tomorrow.

Regards,
Quote Reply
Re: POLL: Is Keith Jordan a Rain God [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, sir.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah and now i can cheer you on tomorrow and say "GO MUFFIN TOP" since I JUST found out what muffin top means LOL!
Quote Reply