Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I love carbo-loading
Quote | Reply
Just had an awesome cinnamon role for desert. That puppy will be powering me for miles 34 - 41 of the California 70.3 on Saturday. Looking forward to some ginger snaps after dinner tonight for miles 42-46.

I used to load up using sports drinks, but my wife turned me on to deserts after she had 3 pieces of cake for dinner the night before she flew through the Chicago marathon.

I try to get extra carbs throughout the day in the three days leading up to a long race. Do most of you carbo-load as well? Any thoughts on the best approach?

-Marc
Quote Reply
Re: I love carbo-loading [MarcK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have read to have a big lunch the day before a big race, and go "lighter" on the dinner. I think that's valid for those that have trouble getting out that morning dookie, but in my case, I'm going to register this afternoon and then eat at Kealani's (Hawaiian joint up the street from O'side Pier), and have a big slab of chocolate cake for dessert. Tomorrow, big sandwich, chips, cookie for lunch, and then lasagna and cookies for dinner.
Race morning...peanut butter and banana on a bagel and some cereal. Enjoy the feedbag!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply