Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Signing up for an IM in person...
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to plan my next IM and am very much considering Fla but am worried that my friend and I won't both be able to get in if it sells out in an hour again. Plus, being so late in the year - if we miss out on IMFL it will certainly be too late to sign up for any other and blow any chance for an '08 IM.

Question... I'll be moving to Tampa this summer and could make the trip to sign up in person. If I did, could I sign both of us up in person and be reasonably assured of getting 2 spots?

Thx...

--------------------------------------------
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." - Army General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing
Quote Reply
Re: Signing up for an IM in person... [IP Freely] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last year at Florida you stood in line ... you got a piece of paper and at a later date you logged on and filled out the actual entry ... EVERYONE in line is guaranteed a spot - so if you are onsite no worries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year sold out in 30min, one person in line can only get one person in, themselves or someone else not both.

tfun~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bad info here. Official was that you could register yourself and another.

If you want to register more, find folks in line who are only registering themselves.

I registered 3 other people plus me. But that was actually because one of the volunteers just said 'sure, go ahead and register the other people.'
Quote Reply
Re: Signing up for an IM in person... [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"that was actually because one of the volunteers just said 'sure, go ahead and register the other people."

So, in other words, YMMV. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Signing up for an IM in person... [ran8527] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, however the method I mentioned (getting people to let you use their spare) should work. Maybe bring a few 'thank you' twenties to help out if you need it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the 70.3 races (like the one in Orlando) offer slots for all of the IM's in North America (except Louisville).

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bad info here, yeah people telling people what they DID rather then what SHOULD be is bad info........

tfun~
Quote Reply
Re: Signing up for an IM in person... [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well someone here said you could ONLY sign up for yourself. That is clearly bad info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there last year. Watched the race and signed up in person. I heard/saw nothing about signing up more than yourself. Unless you get confirmation from officials don't expect that to be the case. Also - follow all rules or be subject to bad karma ruining your race.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Signing up for an IM in person... [pegascott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard/saw nothing about signing up more than yourself.

Did you, uh, ASK? Because you're not proving me wrong and I've been through it two times in a row and on both occasions it was clearly stated that you could sign up one other.

Karma is a phony religion for people who think religion is phony.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'I am done with you.' - Paulo
Quote Reply