Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ebay Question
Quote | Reply
Looking for some ST feedback....I bought a bike on ebay on the weekend, paid on the day, receipt from Paypal says the money went to the seller on Mon yet the bike is not being shipped till next Mon. This seems too long. Am I being unreasonable? I thought the bike should have been shipped by the Wed.

Looking forward to other opinions as I still have to write my buyer feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay Question [aussietri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seller might need the time offereed by a weekend to get the thing properly boxed and driven to FedEx. This is an individual with a f/t job presumably, maybe kids too, and not a professional retailer. I have been guilty of the same. I would not get to bunched up about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay Question [Zoe's Dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks John, appreciate the feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give the seller time to box it properly.

Remember with anything on ebay. Caveat Emptor....Buyer Beware.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's well within the ebay guidelines.....

You certainly don't wanna piss off the seller at this point. My guess is that they didn't own the bike to beging with or they are out of town. Sometime I get called out of town while my auctions are pending.
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay Question [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the feedback....I am obviously a bit antsy about getting the bike : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you had communication with the seller? Thats a better indicator than time (at least for the first few weeks).

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay Question [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've had a couple of emails with the seller.....I am not worried that the bike won't turn up....just wondering if waiting a week to ship is normal? It seems like it is so that's fine!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no hurry to write the feedback -- I assume you're waiting until you get the bike in your hands though. A week from payment to shipment is not "normal," but if you didn't ask before it ended -- then yeah it's a bit unreasonable to make an issue out of it now. At least you have a ship date though, lots of times sellers don't even communicate when they'll ship it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay Question [ran8527] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I am waiting to get the bike before writing feedback, just wasn't sure if I should include shipping time as an "issue" in feedback. I have never bought anything off ebay before and I wasn't sure what was "reasonable".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. So now you play the feedback game......if he leaves you feedback first, as he *should*, then you reply with a comment about "slow" shipping. If he won't leave feedback first, then you should probably not mention it -- else risk a negative or neutral in retaliation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Relax. I've done 300+ ebay transactions and this sort of thing is not uncommon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the seller say anywhere in the listing just when the bike will be shipped after auction? He may be having it packed by a bike shop and they are busy, hence the delay. It is spring and the shops are busy, busy. If the auction stated it will be shipped immediately upon payment, you have a valid complaint. But even then, I think a week to have a bike prepared for shipping is not totally unreasonable. This is something you want packed well and carefully. However, I recently had an issue where I purchase some merchandise and the listing clearly stated that items would be promptly shipped within 1-2 days after receiving payment. 2 weeks later I emailed the seller to say I hadn't received anything yet and got a curt reply that it could take up to 10 working days for delivery (this item was mailed in a standard postal envelope). I got my stuff a couple days later and gave positive feedback (the item was exactly as described), but noted the slow delivery in my comment. I paid within minutes of the purchase and the postmark was over a week later, not the 1-2 days as stated. I think "reasonable" depends on the type of merchandise and what, if anything, is promised in the listing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Looking for some ST feedback....I bought a bike on ebay on the weekend, paid on the day, receipt from Paypal says the money went to the seller on Mon yet the bike is not being shipped till next Mon. This seems too long. Am I being unreasonable? I thought the bike should have been shipped by the Wed.

Looking forward to other opinions as I still have to write my buyer feedback.

It's really an individual thing. What is great about Ebay is that you can sometimes get some incredible deals, but you may have to deal with unprofessional sellers.

For example, I bought an Orbea for about $600.00. The new price was about 3 or 4K. I had to wait several weeks before I received it because the seller had a problem with his Paypal account. The situation was ultimately resolved, and i ended up with a great buy.

Some sellers are very prompt, but you never really know who you're dealing with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like everyone else has said, the delay is not unusual.

If I receive ANYTHING buy off ebay within a week I am shocked. typical delivery times are 2 to 3 weeks. I just accep tthat going in.
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay Question [ran8527] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't agree - buyers should NEVER leave feedback until after they receive the product - that's common sense. Sellers SHOULD leave feedback immediately after receiving payment. Those who WAIT for the buyer to leave feedback first are the one's playing the "feedback game". I'm sure people have been burned in the past doing this, but honestly it's the right thing to do. It's what I do - and I haven't been burned yet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Post deleted by AR [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: AR: Mar 29, 07 7:56
Re: Ebay Question [AR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
give him some time.....put yourself in his shoes. with work, training and the kids it could be very difficult to find time to box the item. the weekend is his best chance!

Professional Coaching Services
http://www.a1coaching.net
http://www.facebook.com/a1coaching
http://www.twitter.com/a1_coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know of some sellers that will wait that long to ensure the purchase wasn't made with a stolen card/userid. Usually a week is how long it seems to take before anyone catches on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The question I would be asking myself is how much $ did I save buying on eBay and is the extra aggravation of wondering whether you will even get the bike worth the extra $ you saved.
Quote Reply