thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Roubaix open tubular tires [sue2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Red ones go faster??
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Roubaix open tubular tires [unistudentbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you studentbum...now my color selection will be easier...but I was wondering about the performance of the tire, overall. 25cm with a 23 cm rolling surface. Does that equal the RR of a 23cm tire or does the extra 2 cm of love handles bulging over the sides slow it down. I need skins for IMCdA....not the fastest ones around 'cause I'm not fast. But I do want some degree of performance and good durability. I was thinking about GP4000S (yes, I've read the prior posts on them) but these Specialized tires were suggested to me. Also, the "open tubular" design....do they change out just like clinchers? As easy or somehow different?
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Roubaix open tubular tires [sue2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What - you want actual information???

Open tubulars are reputed to give a better ride than traditional clinchers, I find them noticably smoother IMHO - I use veloflex black's & can highly recommend them or the vittora opens. They end up looking like a regular tyre, no love handles... They are a little trickier to fit, but all tyres seem harder to fit these days? I have seen the spec ones, not fitted tho so i cant comment on their love handle status. They look the part but I would go for the euro ones A:on principle & B:for the near 300tpi. If you are shelling out the $$ for IMCda then don't skimp on your tyres?
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Roubaix open tubular tires [unistudentbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NASA has proven that yellow is the fastest colour. It has to do with the wavelength of light relative to the rotational speed of the wheel.

I 2nd the Veloflex Blacks. The only reason I stopped using the Blacks as a training tire & the Carbon tubulars as my race tire was that the Cdn distributor went out of business.

If you are looking for a good tire with protection you might consider Ritchey's Tom Slick with Fortress protection
http://ritcheylogic.com/...=17772&live=true

Cheers,

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: S-Works Roubaix open tubular tires [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
both yellow and red would clash with my pink Chris King hubs....but I will look at the tires you have suggested. Thanks for the input!
Quote Reply