Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

32 Mile Swim This Friday
Quote | Reply
Just a reminder to all the fish out there that Rocketboy's 32 mile swim is coming up this weekend.

www.rocketboysthirtytwo.blogspot.com

He'll start Friday evening and swim through the night. If you live in the area of Bay St. Louis or Ocean Springs, come out and see his departure (6pm) or arrival (7 am ish - fingers crossed).

For donations to his cause: www.rocketkidzfoundation.com

I'll try my best not to run over him in the kayak :).
Quote Reply
Re: 32 Mile Swim This Friday [Tightey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, All Slowtwitchers,

Check out www.rocketkidzfoundation.com . A member of the larger triathlete family, Pat Fellows, who lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is doing a 32 mile swim this Friday along the Mississippi Gulf Coast to raise money for youths that have suffered the loss of homes, schools, and family due to Hurricane Rita. Pat is a great guy and an avid triathlete. Your support will help an area of the country that has been devasted and largely neglected.

Gary Clendenin (aka, "The Kid" or "G-man")
Quote Reply
Re: 32 Mile Swim This Friday [Garc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check this out www.rocketkidzfoundation.com for details. There's also a blog http://www.rocketboysthirtytwo.blogspot.com on his training and adventures for this huge swim in the Gulf. He will be swimming in the Gulf of Mexico from Bay St Louis to Ocean Springs AT NIGHT!!!!! Beginning 6pm this Friday. Pat Fellows is a great friend and a hellova athlete. He is know for giving back in any way that he can. He has created a kids triathlon in Baton Rouge, Rocketkidz, and along with another friend will be putting on Rocketchix race series this summer.

Pat grew up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and is swimming this crazy distance to raise $$$$ to rebuild the fitness facilites and parks for kids in this area. He has made it a personal mission to combat kids obesity in a part of the US that is more know for its eating and drinking habits than its athletes.

Please check this out and drop him a couple of dollars.

Thanks for looking and pass it on

Chuck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Luck Pat. I will be thinking about you while I am sleeping in my tent at Toledo Bend!

Tim

www.timbeaux.com
Quote Reply
Re: 32 Mile Swim This Friday [Timbeaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck RB, we'll be sending you positive vibes from Fort Worth.

Zimph,
Trident Sports
Fort Worth
Quote Reply
Re: 32 Mile Swim This Friday [zimph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure if we can swing updates during the swim. we should be close to shore and I'll try to keep everyone posted on my Blackberry - or someone from land crew will.

He's got a good land support crew as well (Ed the Nemesis and Uncle W just to name a few). Mandy is going to be on the boat too so he'll have some in water support if he needs it.

BTW, If anyone on ST wants to know how Zimph got his name just let me know.

[reply]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow...Just feel the overwhelming support and encouragement from the Slowtwitch crowd.

Someone "Rocketboy" is doing something very impressive and for a good cause and so far hardly a response. Sad!

Yet people on this once respectable forum will post repeatedly at all hours over the most trivial crap such as.................

Hell, I don't even know where to begin to start making that list. But, I know I can't be the only person that has noticed a change in attitude and bullshit on this forum.

This place used to be informative and friendly it now seems to be filled with confrontation, arrogance and the "I'm so much better and faster than you" know it all attitude from many of the posters here.

When this forum should be encouraging new people into the sport it in fact tends to turn many away.

Respond or flame on...It makes no difference anymore.
Last edited by: king1: Mar 27, 07 12:52
Quote Reply
Re: 32 Mile Swim This Friday [king1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
32 MILES!! In the Ocean!!! To raise mony for an honrable cause!!!

Who is this "Rocketboy"?
Quote Reply
Re: 32 Mile Swim This Friday [roadtrip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no clue who rocketboy is, but in his blog he says he did 70 X 400 for a workout. That's about a year's worth of swimming for me.
Quote Reply
Re: 32 Mile Swim This Friday [pkard79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would look like a California raisin coming out of the water! That is insane. Good luck to him ...... glad its not me

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tightey,

Make sure you call us Saturday morning with an update. I'm sure those of us doing Holy Toledo would feel better if we knew Pat was finished or close.

Timbeaux

www.timbeaux.com
Quote Reply