Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironkids
Quote | Reply
Dear All:
I have a 7 year old daughter and she just began to "play-train" for triathlon. Although I know children should only play, I am interested in knowing about volume and intensity in order not to damage neither her soul nor her body.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Ironkids [mletelier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dear All:
I have a 7 year old daughter and she just began to "play-train" for triathlon. Although I know children should only play, I am interested in knowing about volume and intensity in order not to damage neither her soul nor her body.
Thanks

I was fortunate enough that my kids started at 9 and 11 years old training for triathlon being trained by certified triathlon trainers (part time trainers and in the SOF by profession). Close to three years later I think that I was very fortunate to have those coaches train them because it is clear to me that I would have made many mistakes trying to train them myself.

Each kid is different and that difference can vary greatly at such young age. What these trainers do is separate a particular AG into smaller groups depending in the particular capabilities of each kid. Volume and intensity is then set accordingly. Whatever you do it is better to keep it on the light side than on the hard side... and keep it fun. :)

Best wishes,

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's pretty simple - let your kid do what she wants when she wants, i.e. - let her be a kid. Offer to take her to the park for a run or to the pool for a swim and that's it. She'll either dig it or dump it, but let her do it on her terms and her terms alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noooo, don't let them train...I did a 5K yesterday and managed 12th overall which I was pretty pleased with until I noticed that one of the runners who beat me was 10 years old and about half my height :)

Kids will find their own level, just make sure you don't push them into doing more than they really want to and put them off for life.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply