Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITUs team BG and Mc.Donalds
Quote | Reply
I am a bit of a novice to ITU-politics and its regular bullshit but, I am directly affected by it, thanks to a(nother) corrupt local federation. In my country however, the federation is only the first of our problems.

The question I have for this forum is whether it is clear that the team selected by the ITU from Asia and surrounding countries, are going to have enough chances to make all the points to qualify for the 2008 Olympics. I figured there must be better mathematicians than me in this forum... so do let me know the answer.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: ITUs team BG and Mc.Donalds [BridgetJones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never been in a position where that has been a problem (qualifying that is) so I am not at liberty to say. But like most things in life if the goal is very high the question you should be asking yourself is 'how bad do I want it?' If you want something bad enough you wil find a way around any obstacle to get there. If it's finances to get to a race, heck this forum has stepped up to that plate dozens of times for people they don't know. Only you can answer the question of training..although, again, there is enough combined traning and coaching skill on this forum to make an Olympic champion I am very certain. Politics...well...there is Slowman and I am pretty sure there are a few others in here that know the ins and outs of the legal aspect as well. The resources in Slowtwitch appear, thus far anyway, limitless. If you want something bad enough you need to be willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen.
Do you believe that you can make it to the '08 Olympics?
Quote Reply
Re: ITUs team BG and Mc.Donalds [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, It would be very tempting to say that I was good enough for 2008. I dont think so.. If I trained hard enough and long enough and without injury for the next five years, maybe 2012 is a possibility. Just to participate. Winning is way out of the realm of discussion.

The point I was trying to clarify was whether the Team BG folks ever had a chance in hell to accumulate all those ITU points required for the Olympics. These folks are given a chance to race in seven events, according to the website I guess.

I think race, place-of-origin, relative-poverty etc. are topics that are discussed in slightly hilarious perspectives, on this forums (no offense slowtwitchers, when I do read these posts, I often enjoy the craziness) but, sadly, I think these efforts (team BG etc.) are just bullshit poster-boy/girl attempts to put across the ITU as an equal-opportunity employer.

Reality is a far cry from that. I know that from ground zero!

Thanks for writing back.
Quote Reply