Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

new race announcement: Oregon Trout City of Portland Triathlon registration now open
Quote | Reply
Greetings, slowtwitchers. Today we opened registration for the first major triathlon ever held in downtown Portland, Oregon, and I'd like to invite all of you to participate.

The race will be Sep. 2 and olympic distance. To short-circuit the usual race-announcement-posting-post-posting-slowtwitch-discussion-and-slamfest, let me address some pressing issues before they come up:

Q: Will there be beer?
A: Yes. Either Deschutes or Widmer in the beer tent. Free.

Q. How come your registration fee is so incredibly ridiculously high? I have a wife and kids to feed! And a mortgage! You're sucking the lifeblood from my wallet!!!
A. It's not high. You should see the bill for permits. Plus you get a dollar off for riding your bike to the race.

Q. Speaking of wife and kids, can we see a picture of your wife? We need to make sure you have one, you slippery mischievous race director you.
A. To prove that we are fine upstanding citizens who pay our taxes on time and hang out with children and the humane society, here we are:

That's me on the left and the wife on the right.

Here we are hanging out at the orphanage on Saturday night. We were there to give student discounts to the children for the triathlon.

Q: Your seat's too high.
A: I know.

Q: You want us to swim in the Willamette? I should sue you now and avoid the rush!
A: It's safe to swim, provided there's no rain beforehand. I have done my homework, obtained permits, and can show you why it's safe to do so. If you don't want to swim in it, don't.

So there you go. Any other questions, http://www.portlandtri.com will have the answers.

Carry on with your day.

kind regards,
Jeff Henderson
race director
City of Portland Triathlon
Musselman Triathlon
Fly by Night Duathlon

Co-Race Director: The Seneca7 (seneca7.com)
FLX Challenge (flxchallenge.com)
formerly: Musselman Triathlon
formerly: City of Portland Triathlon
formerly: Fly by Night Duathlon
Quote Reply
Re: new race announcement: Oregon Trout City of Portland Triathlon registration now open [jeffreyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears that if the water doesn't meet safety standards there will a Duathlon held instead, what will the distances be then?
Quote Reply
Re: new race announcement: Oregon Trout City of Portland Triathlon registration now open [juha-pdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we have to stage a duathlon, the swim will be replaced with a 5k run looping along the river. The bike and the final run will remain the same.

Good question.

kind regards,
Jeff

Co-Race Director: The Seneca7 (seneca7.com)
FLX Challenge (flxchallenge.com)
formerly: Musselman Triathlon
formerly: City of Portland Triathlon
formerly: Fly by Night Duathlon
Quote Reply