Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TTX (large) riders....
Quote | Reply
....how big are you? I was surprised at the LBS sized me to a Large, not an XL...........then again, it appears HUGE.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TTX (large) riders.... [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How tall are you? What is your inseam? Just curious about the dimensions of those who ride the Large TTX. The headtube on the Medium is just too low for me, so the Large is the only possibility for me. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog is God spelled backwards. That means something. I'm just not sure what exactly. But human is namuh spelled backwards.- Marc-Christophe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 6’ with a 33.75” inseam and I have a large E-TTX, I think my inseam is a little long for my height. The large is defiantly to big for me, I should have went with the medium but I ordered it without getting fit and my LBS gave me some bad advice. The large does seem huge. The top tube length fits well after I flipped the seat tube, moved the seat forward on the rails, and adjusted the aero bar extensions back.

The problem I have now is that I only have a few inches of drop. The Bontrager xXx aerobars pads are almost three inches over the base bar. I am going to get a different set of aero bars that have the rest pads located on the base bar and maybe a 30 degree stem to increase the front end drop.

I would think that this bike is built for someone a couple of inches taller then me and with an inch or two longer inseam, especially if you are looking for an aggressive front end. You would have to be really tall for a XL, I'm thinking at least 6'-4", just guessing. I think they should have made a XS instead of the XL.

Be aware of a slight problem with the large that was talked about in a previous post:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._string=ttx;#1235226

http://www.excellentengineering.net
Last edited by: johnnyperu: Mar 21, 07 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'1'' and the size large bike is perfect for me. I'm a short legs long torso guy. You can see my bike here. Since making this picture I now have removed half of the spacers and put the saddle higher (its on the 6th big dash of the seatpost in the pic - now I have it on the 7th big dash where it will stay). This will be my final position which is very comfortable.

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: TTX (large) riders.... [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank,
From the picture it does not look like you have very much front end drop, maybe a couple of inches. Is this by choice? I’m surprised the top tube fits you with the seat tube at a slacker angle. I was way stretched out at that angle, also had to adjust my bars in a inch or so.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I was surprised at the LBS sized me to a Large, not an XL...then again, it appears HUGE."

you can tell precisely how big or small (that is, how tall and how long) a frame is simply by looking at its stack and reach dimensions. the equinox ttx is listed on our stack and reach database.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: TTX (large) riders.... [johnnyperu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Frank,
From the picture it does not look like you have very much front end drop, maybe a couple of inches. Is this by choice? I’m surprised the top tube fits you with the seat tube at a slacker angle. I was way stretched out at that angle, also had to adjust my bars in a inch or so.

Well, I feel "at home" on my ttx, it is very comfortable and according to my garmin my power output is rather good for such an early time of the year so I'm sure I have the right position to transfer the power from the legs to the wheels. We had a very mild winter over here, I rode a lot, maybe that helped to be in good shape so early.

As already said, I removed half of the spacer stack. I need a few more (longer) rides to check if I could get rid of all spacers and mount the bar without any spacers. The length of the top tube is perfect. For a weekend I shortened it with putting the aerobars in a shorter position but I didn't like it. I also don't need to make it steeper with flipping the seatpost - I prefer the position as it is now.

My other tri bikes have 59 cm frames - IMHO all the correct size for sure.

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: TTX (large) riders.... [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point, it appears that most Slowtwitch members believe the lower the better. I guess it’s really hard to tell unless you have a power meter and a wind tunnel. I feel very powerful in my position but I feel I can go lower with out losing any power. I guess I’ll see.

Quote Reply