Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

??? For the swimming gurus...
Quote | Reply
I have been working on swim efficiency as of late and I was wondering how many days a week I should try to get in the pool to try to recreate this "NEW" kinesthetic awareness. What would be your recommendation for the minimum number of days I should get in the pool. And what would be the recommended duration of these work-outs. Thanks. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: ??? For the swimming gurus... [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My coaches told me 3 days a week, 1 hour a set for holding on. 5 days a week to improve.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 days a week 30 minutes a day. its EXTREMELY important that you do it right every time, and the chances of anyone doing anything 100% right for an hour without lots of practice is next to nil. If you get tired and can't hold form, STOP! Or do something else, drills, kicking, anything but re-inforce the bad habits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As often as possible :)

I've done swimming lessons for kids at pools and lakes for summer camps. Winter lessons in the pool usually meet once a week - maybe twice - and it's hard to get them to remember anything at all. Five days a week at camp and they catch onto it so quickly.

Not that you're a kid... but it's kind of the same thing. The more you can, the better. Stop when you get tired so you don't lose your stroke - then you will, as some one else said, just reinforce bad technique.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minimum of 7 days a week. Some coaches will try to make their athletes take off Sundays... I think you need to do it every day to make sure you do it right.

Quote Reply