Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please review: aero rear hydration system with front feed
Quote | Reply
http://www.trisports.com/nesy.html
Quote Reply
Re: Please review: aero rear hydration system with front feed [flexicitus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your kidding right? Just carry 2 water bottles on the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Please review: aero rear hydration system with front feed [Freak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how about this?
http://www.trisports.com/rehysy.html
Quote Reply
Re: Please review: aero rear hydration system with front feed [flexicitus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both of those things look pretty silly.....IMHO.......why not a Profile bottle in front ?

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd use one if I was planning a self-supported ironman. Otherwise I can't imagine why you'd need to carry 64oz of fluid at once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's funny how triathletes stress over shaving ounces off the weight of their bike but yet they carry a gallon on fluid on the bike. For IM, I just use a Jetstream and one bottle on the frame.

18x Ironman, 3x Hawaii
US Army (Ret.), Vietnam Vet ('71-'72)
Quote Reply
Re: Please review: aero rear hydration system with front feed [IronRod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It's funny how triathletes stress over shaving ounces off the weight of their bike but yet they carry a gallon on fluid on the bike."

Aggreed. It's fun to wander through the Transition area at any of the big IM races when the swim is on. It's nice and quiet in there and you can stroll the rows and rows of bikes at your leisure. It's interesting to see all of the very expensive, super aero bikes loaded down like pack mules setting off on a trek through the desert! It's an even odder site when you consider that there is a well stocked aid station about 10 miles down the road, and one every 10 miles for the 112 miles of the bike leg.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Please review: aero rear hydration system with front feed [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep.....and I like to see those bikes loaded with a rider with a full Camel Back.......crazy....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't give a crap about the weight. I use the Neverreach. I love it. It isn't particularly worse than behind the seat bottles, in terms of aerodynamics. I made a bracket for use on my softride. I don't have to get out of aero. I just bend down and suck. It holds 64 oz and is refillable on the fly. Weight is irrelevant unless you're doing a bunch climbs, anyway.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Please review: aero rear hydration system with front feed [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't agree more! I've used the neverreach and loved it. I'm a "heavy sweater" so I like to have as much fluid available as possible.

The only real weight I watch closely is that of my wheels and myself. I can't get over guys spending $1000's of dollars to shave a few ounces when I can drop that from my own body in no time for free!

That's just my take though, I'm not one to push my ideas on others. You all so as you like and have, just my theory

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply