Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I got a fit! [finally] ...and now I understand
Quote | Reply
I've read posts with pics & .mov asking to "critique my fit", or seen killer new bikes with spacers / uncut seatposts and comments like "not fitted to her yet". I kept wondering how much better does life get after those so-called "fits", but haven't heard much about post-fit rides, other than "now it rules". And honestly, as a newbee, I *knew* that I needed a fit, but kept putting it off.

OK, I'm here to testify that anyone else lurking here...looking at posts about "getting a fit", and thinking "yeah, I should get one."... DO IT.

I know you open 14 windows on your PC searching for the lightest & cheapest saddle/base-bar/pedal/thingy - I know...I've done it. My fit was the best hundred+ bucks I've ever spent.

Today I got a fit by Jordan @ Ada Bike Shop in Ada MI. I walked in with 2 comments:
1. My bike was uncomfortable
2. I can't generate power like I can on my good ol road bike.

Over a two hour timespan, I was listened to, instructed, informed, and adjusted. First, the shims in my cleats did wonders for my pedal stroke. Where my knees once flew to the side upon every up-stroke like a circus freak, they are now centered and go up & down like a piston. I no longer have tension in my back from reaching towards the bars...they're now brought towards me. I'm more aero, and more comfy.

I never knew what a fit was supposed to feel like because nobody really ever said much more than "you'll be more aero and more comfy." I finally understand.

I'm psyched to ride now. Now I need to ride for a week or 2...then return for a few tweaks if needed.

That is all.
Last edited by: Jetplane19: Mar 16, 07 18:00
Quote Reply
Re: I got a fit! [finally] ...and now I understand [Jetplane19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool. Life's too short not to have a pro bike fit. Sounds like Jordan did a great job.

For me, before my 1st bike fit I got top 20 bike splits. The next race following the bike fit, I was top 3.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: I got a fit! [finally] ...and now I understand [Jetplane19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i remember my first fit a few years ago, it was like someone turned on a light.
If you haven't be sure to read this by tom d.

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/.../saddlecomfort.shtml

most excellent info if you are new to riding.

I'm getting my first real FIST fit next week for my new bike. For my last bike it was a very knowledgeable guy using all the FIST info off the site he just hadn't been to the course. Still a good fit.
Quote Reply