Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15
Quote | Reply
So I'm heading up to Boulder Utah for another fun Sugoi photo shoot for their Spring 08' catalog and they mentioned that we need to find another model or two, particularly female but guys might work well. I've been on a couple of these shoots and they are a ton of fun. The photographer is world famous John Kelley who's work you've definitely seen on magazine covers, advertisements and posters. He's awesome! It's a fun group and a fun "work" environment. Pay isn's finalized yet but it's not rockstar pay although it will be more than worth your while. Plus you definitely might get some free gear and you'll get to be in a cool catalog. Oh, and of course you'll get some amazing prints of yourself in action!

Details (and I apologize for any political incorrectness as I've never done a call for models before:):

-The shoot is in Boulder Utah and will be over the week of April 8th until the 15th and hopefully you live close by. Possible lodging might be availible.

-chances are you'd shoot for 1-2 days, we'd let you know what days and approx time but this is all "weather permitting"

-Must be proficient on a road bike, tri bike as well as running, and must look good doing it:)

-Ideal size range (due to sample clothing sizes) is probably
5'9"-6'1" for guys, athletic build and not super stick skinny as the clothing is all size medium
5'4"+ for gals, athletic build, again not super duper stick skinny, clothing is med

-Age range is probably late 20s to early 40s or somewhere in there, previous models were usually around 30ish +/- a few years

-We are (and by "we" I mean Sugoi) are definitely looking for a bit more exotic looking female(s), and by that I mean we already have a couple of awesome models but they all so far are what I guess we'd call the "all American girl" look, ie blondish hair, caucasion and we'd love to mix it up a bit as well.

If I forgot anything please let me know. Feel free to mention this to friends or anything who might fit the bill. Remember we're not looking for super models or anything, just good looking, fit and happy triathletes who aren't camera shy.

Email me photos (action shots, head shots, or any shots that show your physique well), sizes, location, contact info, age and brief tri background
Please email taigraphx@gmail.com for more info. And please don't PM me as I'll loose track of them real fast...

Thanks, Tai
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! Sugoi has come a long way since I used to help organize these shoots in the back ally behind the factory/office in Vancouver. The "models" were schmos like me and and friends who looked resonably athletic. Pay was a free Technifine shirt! Great to see and good luck with the shoot. John Kelly - he is The Man!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OT- Tai, did you get my email?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
-Ideal size range (due to sample clothing sizes) is probably
5'9"-6'1" for guys, athletic build and not super stick skinny as the clothing is all size medium
5'4"+ for gals, athletic build, again not super duper stick skinny, clothing is med
Sorry, but I'm to huge for this one............................

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, got the email, sorry been crazy here, sorting through back email all morning. Should be laying your stuff out soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude you should make a side trip to the Gals of ST weekend! Then you can get a group of chicks! ;-) AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think now you get two technifine shirts... and then last year I stole a pair of socks too;)

yeah, they have been going big time. Two shoots in Hawaii (how I met up with them) and then we shot for a week on Kelley's ranch in CO last September which was an adventure to say the least. A bit of 20deg (not accounting for windchill) hill repeats on the bike at 12,000 ft, sauna pics and more fun stuff like that. No idea why they fly me in from Hawaii but no complaints here:) They get some epic shots, i think the hardest part is figuring out which pics to put in the catalog. I think most of the best shots don't even get in as they are to much for anything but a cover. Anyways, I don't know who's there that you'd still know but I'll tell them you said hi. They always have a hard time finding models so I figured I'd post here on ST and maybe get lucky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"They always have a hard time finding models so I figured I'd post here on ST and maybe get lucky".

They may have a hard time because the pay is not so good......just a thought...

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang, that's a long, well-thought-out story just to hopefully get a couple chicks to send you some pics of themselves in skimpy clothes. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where the hell is Boulder Utah? Do you mean Colorado?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tai,

What would tv be without the reality shows? How about you let us be the judges? You could have 8 "finalists", they then have to post their daily training log and we can ask them questions. Of course they'd also provide us with daily pictures. Every day we would vote one off, and within a week you have your Slowtwitch SuperModel!

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, the pay isn't model pay as in $200 an hour or so but it's typically (and don't quote me on this one) not to bad for what you are doing, especially if you take the gear option. I think they might have been paying the hourly models $25 an hour, or else you can take an option for $50 an hour in Sugoi gear, can't remember too well. Tough part is finding authentic triathlete models as when they went through agencies the whole "clipless pedals" skillset requirement scared a lot of people away;)
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [Mito Chondria] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey, don't scare away candidates now;) All photos will be strictly protected and NOT posted on ST or go anywhere except to me and then possibly on to Sugoi. But that would be fun for maybe some other project... but then again I'm sure the girls would cheat somehow and make sure Ted won!
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [Sea Bass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I said, it was supposed to be Moab but figured it'd be too busy so we're going to Boulder Utah, I need to google maps that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it cover airfare?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked myself the same thing... hunh?

So here's Boulder.... Utah

http://maps.google.com/...009&t=h&om=1

Emailed you

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being in the business, it seem pretty petty to be paying a top tier photographer his rates, and I'm sure very high usage fees, and then not pay models a good rate. Seems a bit short sided by the photog. Shoots are only as good as the weakest link.....

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darn, I'll too tall and too skinny for the shoot. But, do you need a Oil Boy for the female models? - I do have hands of wonderment.

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's.....Mequonman.
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no airfare, sorry. they fly me up but I think that's it. mainly looking for local models. this ST thread might seem silly but actually I've gotten quite a few possibles to pass along to Sugoi:)
Quote Reply
Re: Be a Tri SuperModel! Looking for a female or two for Sugoi shoot in Boulder Utah 4/8-4/15 [tri-3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it would be cool if they could pay a bit more to the models but compared to other companies I've worked with, tri and sports related companies doing catalog work or smaller advertisements Sugoi pays about the same and is a really fun group to work with which makes up for the not so supermodel pay rates. Plus half of the fun is opening up the catalog later and seeing yourself in there. Oh and the killer prints of yourself in action that you get, those are super cool and make race photos seem pretty lame in comparison. On the photographer, he's one of the best but more importantly is a long time friend of the owner of Sugoi and some of the pictures he gets, wow! Also, in many situations it's nice to know that the crew your working with is experienced, saaay when you're barrelling down a twisty downhill at 50mph riding 2-3 ft off the back bumper of a minivan with camera guys hanging out the back and the sides... it's nice to have an experienced crew cause you really gotta trust that camera vehicle, man that was a freaky ride last year:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to Hijack,

Tai you get my latest email?
Quote Reply