Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Eagleman motels
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if anyone can give me a lead on a motel for Eagleman. I signed up last September and immediately started finding that many motels that were taking reservations back then were already booked!!! 9 months in advance!!! So, I contacted TriTheWorld, the travel agent listed on the event site, and they assured me they'd work on it for me. That was in September. Now, they aren't answering my emails, and I can't find anything. Worse case scenario will find me sleeping in the minivan I'm going to rent, but I'd like to avoid that if I can.
Anyone know of any motels with availability for the 8th and 9th of June?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman motels [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There really isn't much in Cambridge, Md. You can try looking on the other side of the river, I think it's Easton that has some small hotels. But, your best bet really is camping. The three years that I did Eagleman I camped, Twice at Sailwinds Park and once at the high school. It really worked out great, you're close to park in the morning and don't get caught in too much traffic. Good luck in the race!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman motels [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Might have my wife and 3-year-old with me, which is fine for camping if the weather is good, but if it's raining, boy what a bad time they'd have! Plus, I didn't want to have to bring a tent from California. My sister lives in Baltimore and my mom in OC. Maybe my sister has a tent I can borrow. We'll see. Many motels in Easton are also sold out.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stay in Salisbury - about the same distance from Cambridge as Easton, but in the other direction. It's sort of a "hub" so if you're traveling with the fam, there are tons of things for them to do and places to eat. One year (3 yrs ago, I think), the "chicken festival" was in town, and last year was a poodle show.

There always seems to be something going on that weekend.

We also took a drive to Ocean City last year the day before the race and were quite disappointed by it. There are some really fun things for the kids and some great restaurants though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sent you a PM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem...camping would be OK but with a wife and a 1 year old.....just easier with A/C and a room. Try the Hillside Motel. My coach stayed there and it served its purpose. It is about 40 minutes asway but it is only about $75-85 a night.
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman motels [joerigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too had a problem with hotels in the surround 50 mile radius of the race. I spoke to a lot of the hotels about 2 weeks ago and they mentioned that you can call back about a month before the event. A lot of times they book blocks of rooms up. They do this in the event that large groups come in, they can still accomodate them as well as the regular TRI volume. It's worth a shot to give them a call and see.

I booked in Seaford, DE. It is the same distance as Sailsbury and Easton it looks like. We are talking about a 25 mile drive or so. No big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck, it's a real BITCH trying to get a room for this race!

Team Zoot Northeast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, you may have just hit the Eagleman Potter Homestay jackpot. Take it from someone who knows.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman motels [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have one in Seaford, but it looks like we plan to take the family to stay at my Aunt-in-law's place in Bethany. So I'll just have a longer drive on race morning (about twice the time). I'll be up early.

Only saving grace is that it is near the beach for a mini vacation, and it is free ...... ;-P

Re: Eagleman motels [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney:

I have done E-man the last four years but have always stayed at the Hyatt. It is god awful expensive. They want about $900 for two nights June 8th and 9th. How is the camping at the HS? Is the HS the one about 6-8 miles out on the way back to T2? Are there shower and restrooms close by? Crowded? Thanks ahead of time.

Ritz
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman motels [joerigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Thanks for all the help and info guys.

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman motels [yaprr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been a couple of years but camping at the HS was just great. Bathrooms open all night, no need to take down your tent before the race, you can go back and take a shower after the race and then take down your tent, straight shot down the road for morning coffee and an easy drive to the start.

Speaking of the drive to the start, here's my advice for all Slowtwitchers going to Eagleman. When you drive to the race area on saturday, drive in the normal way and keep going right past the little beach where you will start the race. Keep going along the water and you will see a back gate. When you leave for the day on saturday, go out that gate and remember it for the morning. When you return on sunday morning, turn down that street and you will miss the bottleneck at the entrance to the park.

But don't tell anybody, it's a secret! ;)

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Salisbury, Easton, St. michaels, Seaford (DE) and Oxford are all choices. Is staying with your Mom a possiblity...OC is around an hour from Cambridge...maybe less early on a Sunday morning...not ideal but...

Anyway best wishes. I'll be there for the third year in a row.
Last edited by: OldAndInTheWay: Mar 16, 07 15:10
Quote Reply
Re: Eagleman motels [OldAndInTheWay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yeah, staying with my Mom is an option, but I didn't want to have to make that drive on race morning...though I've driven over an hour on race mornings here in SoCal many times! We'll see. Would definitely save some $$$.

------------------
Quote Reply