Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Louis Garneau hastling me [Mequonman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is NO WAY you would mistake a helmet cover for a helmet! Unless you are completey BRAIN DEAD! It weighs about 5 oz with no strap, etc. Changing a helmet is a different story...this is just a COVER! Not altering the helmet in any way!

Someone could want the cover to display!

NOW WHAT???? No one knows HOW the buyer is going to use the cover????
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau hastling me [english muffin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are selling it as an LG item, which LG has said should not be sold separately. It really isn't that complicated, your LBS should never have sold you the covers. Get your money back from the LBS if you paid extra for them.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau hastling me [rambo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
NO WAY you would mistake a helmet cover for a helmet
Much the same way it's impossible to become a millionaire from drinking hot coffee...

http://www.reathcon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see an issue with it...you are selling helmet 'spare parts'... if anyone mistakes the covers for a full helmet then they shouldn't even be riding a bike. I do see a problem with LG's customer rep though, that person is just rude. If LG don't want you to sell the covers ask them to buy them from you if in fact they were legitimately pruchased from a LG dealer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you even know this person is actually from LG? email addies can be spoofed.
I've had an array of experiences with LG but mainly with their custom clothing department, having been to their main office in Quebec city. I would contact the main office directly and see what they say. If you get the runaround and can't reach a person, end it at that.

Its like when I get a call from someone saying I missed my cell phone bill and I should give them my credit card #. uh lemme think... NO!

I understand how you feel and I know I'd be pissed too, but this is related to a helmet... regardless of idiots and whatnots, who knows, LG might give you something in return. If you go to their outlet next to the factory, they sell demo helmets (even the aero helmets) for 20$ or something ridiculous like that. I was tempted to buy one but I knew my gf would kick me for buying more junk...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you are going about this all wrong. Change your listing to "helmet shaped LAMP SHADE," cuts through the air like a hot knife through butter, a great conversation piece and a surefire way to get girls. Also possibly fits on top of certain bike helmets, just possibly...

I agree that LG has a reputation to protect but I'd still have to side with you on this one. It's not like you are saying this is a certified helmet shell, or saying you are a certified dealer. I guess the safety checks on helmets complicated this a bit but I think what LG should do is just buy the shells off you and end this there. Anyways, good luck with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I'm w/ english muffin here.
First, all warranty'e are for "the original buyer," so selling it voides it anyway.
second, if I buy a bike at my LBS w/ say, full Ultegra on on it and I buy at the time of purchase a FSA crabon crank to rpelace the Shimano one, I can sell the Shimano one of I want, right? I wouldn't expect Shimano to hassle me. It's the LBS's fault for giving EM the covers. They are in the wrong, not EM. If the covers aren't made to be distributed seperatley, than they should have been in the first place from the LBS.
$0.02.
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau hastling me [bigadam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the covers aren't made to be distributed seperatley, than they should have been in the first place from the LBS.

I think that is the point, they aren't intended to be distributed separately (according to the email). Think of it this way, the cover is not an optional piece intended to be mix 'n matched, it is integral to the safety of a safety product. The LBS sold something they should not have, which is why LG is upset.

BTW, I didn't find LG's first email to be rude. The second one, I don't know if it was rude or not because the OP deleted the intermediary correspondence.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once you buy something, it is pretty much your business what you do with it. Like the poster that sold a computer and then got stiffed, Ebay doesn't suck, its just that some people do. Ethics and morals aside, it's up to you do with the items as you choose. The original post sounded more like LG wanted contact info for the shop because their product was being mishandled. You can't blame them too much for that.

Secondarily, if LG saw your auction on Ebay, what makes you think they aren't hanging around Slowtwitch? Is your contact information up to date on here?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My take is that you are just selling a spare part to a helmet, no harm.

You may get a few more hits on ebay if you spell Louis correctly in your listing.
Quote Reply
Re: Louis Garneau hastling me [paulmn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would probably be worth stating that the cover is not a helmet and not safety approved, just to be no the safe side - There are some very stupid people out there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next