Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

test your aero helmet
Quote | Reply
My question is this: who has tried out their aero helmet before the race, assuming you have never worn one in prior races?
Quote Reply
Re: test your aero helmet [clearwater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what B priority races are for. Or just go and test it and look like a dork :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: test your aero helmet [clearwater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, i was in the same boat a few months ago. didn't wanna look like a knob with an aero helmet on a road bike with training wheels so i tested it on a few 5am rides.

edit: BTW...why???

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Last edited by: show pony: Mar 13, 07 17:14
Quote Reply
Re: test your aero helmet [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem is if you're worried about overheating 5am won't be a very good test...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: test your aero helmet [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at first i thought the question was more about fit/positioning...didn't consider the heat thing (i don't tend to have that problem)

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The heat issue was my big concern given the reduced vents compared to a road helmet. Fit is easily verified in front of a mirror. Positioning...well, you really need a wind tunnel or at least a decent field testing protocol to get meaningful data other than whether it looks like it meets up with your back and so forth.

We don't actually know what the OP was asking about :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
even a helmet should be given a couple of shakedown rides before being used in live fire conditions. I took mine out before using it in a race. Didn't worry too much about looking like a poseur. I knew what I was trying to accomplish. It helped me make sure the straps were adjusted right and whatnot...

--------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i rocked my aero helmet around cambridge and the coromandel before ironman. some of those coromandel descents proved to me that aero helmets are indeed faster! most people would probably just think it's a funny looking helmet rather than think you're a 'poser' anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: test your aero helmet [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the couple of weeks before a big race I ride with full race setup...H3/disc/Chrono (now a Rocket). People don't think I'm a poseur because I am averaging 25mph and occasionally passing cars. At least that's what I tell myself. :D You have to ride during the day sometime, preferably about 2pm to make sure you won't have any overheating issues. For some people a full aero helmet can be pretty hot...not so much of a problem for me.

Mad
Quote Reply