Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Asic Gel GS Trainers for a Half Marathon?
Quote | Reply
I just changed out a pair of Wave Alchemy's for a Brooks that has a little more forefront cushioning but the damn things feel heavy.

I generally race in the GS Trainers in 5 and 10k races. Has anyone used this shoe in a HM? I'm about 180.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Asic Gel GS Trainers for a Half Marathon? [yojimbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used the DS-Trainers for a few 1/2 marathons and they held up fine but I weigh 30 lbs less than you do.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im 165lbs , i pretty much run in ds trainers all the time. I've run 4 marathons and 1 ironman in them without problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be running a marathon in my DS Trainers on Sunday - won't be the first time. Currently pushing about 175# thanks to inattention to my diet and a few too many beers.

Mike

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use them for all of my training and Ironman racing with no problem. 170 pounds. Anyone else have a problem adapting to the new style? I ran on them today for the first time and they kicked my a$$. My arch is killing me now, the design is totally different!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The DS-Trainer is an excellent choice for the half IM distance.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yojimbo:

Do you own yojimbo's garage here in Chicago?

Either way, I run in the new DS Trainer all the time, long runs, training, and racing. I did a 1/2 marathon in January on them and loved them. I used to run in the Kayano, but have lost some weight (6'1", 175 lbs) and didn't need all of the stability/cishion any longer and moved to the DS.

I've loved the new ones ever since I got them!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lemond is cycling's version of Rev Jessie Jackson." -johnnyperu 5/18/07
"Just because I suck doesn't mean my bike has to" -rickn 9/2/08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have raced a half IM in them, no problems. And a full marathon (two, I think) - all in that same pair.

After at least 1200 mi they were finally thrown out today.

RR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run almost everything in my DS Trainers EXCEPT 5Ks and 10Ks (Cubato Plus for those). I've done a couple marathons in them, several half marys, two IMs, and several HIMs. I've been extremely happy with them, and I usually keep two pairs at a time. I weigh 160 now, but a few years ago I was around 180.
Quote Reply
Re: Asic Gel GS Trainers for a Half Marathon? [iheartfestina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with the new design. Arches are still sore as hell about 2 weeks later. I've run on previous versions for about 4 years with no problem (including 3 IMs).

Mike H.
Quote Reply
Re: Asic Gel GS Trainers for a Half Marathon? [brandonecpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you just have to make the switch and cross your fingers you don't injure something if you take this shoe to be used for your longer distances but use them for short stuff.

If you are a Cumulus or Nimbus user, or Kayano, I guess just grit it out and chunk the Nimbus or Cumulus and do it. I'm getting sick of squishy running.

I keep saying this every year, next marathon season, I'm going to a lighter shoe, going to run in the DS Trainer. But I chicken out and never do. Always go back to the Nimbus.

I have these and am afraid to run in them beyond short races or 6 mile runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently in my 5th and 6th pair of DS trainers. I have worn them in several Half IM and sevaral 1/2 marathons. I think I made a mistake by wearing a heavier shoe during a marathon. I'm about 120 and break down the shoe a lot quicker than the 2110's. I only race and do speed work in the DS and usually ditch the shoe to yard shoes after one season.