Login required to post replies

Post deleted by SaskRV
Re: Diagnos my knee ailment???? [SaskRV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quadricep tendonitis
Quote Reply
Re: Diagnos my knee ailment???? [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be very happy if that was all it was. And if it is a few days should tell, correct? I'll presume this would pass with rest and stretching and not skiing again for a while.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's your technique? I just started skate skiing this winter and I find that when I don't land with a flat ski and use too much of the inside edge I get a similar knee pain as you describe (probably excess pronation when you do this). Could contribute to a maltracking of your patella.
Quote Reply
Re: Diagnos my knee ailment???? [alui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technique sucks, but thanks for asking. It might be in the patella, i really don't know yet. I am hoping Thursday night to get my Chiro to sneak me into a sports doc in the same clinic. Just know would be nice.

With a couple days of settling, it isn't going to just go away. No real pain, but my whole knee feels big, puffy. But it isn't hughly swollen. The back of the knee feels big as well. I can't really describe it, but it is noticeable. Also, when there is pain, it is sharp and on the top to the outside as opposed to previously, where it was to the top and inside. In terms of movement, it is quite restricted. Can not pull my knee up past 90 either in front of my body or in back. Putting on socks and shoes is a challenge. Walking is a snails pace. Can bear the weight, but gingerly.

Anywho, that's what's up.

Rick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asking for a diagnosis from strangers, many of whom have no formal training and education in the field of human physiology, is a highly risky move. Your knee problem may be entirely unrelated to your knee. It may be a result of a problem in the hip, ankle, or other joint.
I encourage you to apply the same persistence you use in training to find a solution that not only clears the condition, but also prevents recurrence.
Based on your history of injury in the joint, you are going to have your hands full.
Best of luck.
Quote Reply