Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

sprint distance training - key workouts?
Quote | Reply
First of four races in mid/late June. Deep run base (ultra) but haven't swam since last July or cycled since November. Last sprint finishing time was 1:03, looking to break 1 hour on 10 or less hours per week. Strength training will be every 3rd day (on duty) so those hours are excluded from the 10. Bike & goggles come out of storage this week.

Key workouts? Long ride/run distance? Taper?

Whatcha got for me.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: sprint distance training - key workouts? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Want to share your genetics? :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: sprint distance training - key workouts? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an IQ of 37.

How 'bout we just trade?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one of my favorite sprint workouts is speed brick intervals: brief bike /run warm up followed by 4 x 3-4 mi bike x 1 mi run all done at race pace. Add more sets according to your need to suffer. It's even more fun if you do this in the middle of the day when it's the hottest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
First of four races in mid/late June. Deep run base (ultra) but haven't swam since last July or cycled since November. Last sprint finishing time was 1:03, looking to break 1 hour on 10 or less hours per week. Strength training will be every 3rd day (on duty) so those hours are excluded from the 10. Bike & goggles come out of storage this week.

Key workouts? Long ride/run distance? Taper?

Whatcha got for me.

A sprint distance time without the actual distances/conditions raced is meaningless. We have no idea how fast you are at anything. Nor, for that matter, do we know what are your goals (win, finish, stay injury-free, build for breaking IM season in 2008, etc.).

Garbage in, garbage out.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sentimental favorite are the SBR repeats: swim 200 yd - bike 3 mi - run 1 mi. Repeat 5 or 6 times with fast transitions.

I have no idea how beneficial these are for me, and I really don't care in the final analysis. I just like the accelerated feel of everything...

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: sprint distance training - key workouts? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's simplify.

I'm looking for the best possible results from a moderate training volume coming from a top 10% background in tri's, while only being well-trained for distance running at the moment. High aerobic run base, low sport-specific strength in swimming and cycling. Only training for the sprint series (summer) due to school and work commitments.

Quote Reply