Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Paris-Nice on Versus right now!
Quote | Reply
I'm stretching on a new set of tubulars. It's good to have something to watch.

(Continental's are tough)

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Nice on Versus right now! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing beats the stress relief of stretching new tubs. IS your method scientific or just good old hands and feet, and giver a reef?

I won't spoil it but it's a hella tight prologue at Paris-Nice, the Saunier Duval guys have an interesting TT position, really wide. Not sure how aero it is, but it's probably more comfortable and biomechanically efficient.

Adam

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Nice on Versus right now! [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My technique, if you can call it that:

Add a little air and stretch that MoFu!

I'm new to tubublars. Last year I used Vredstein's. They went on easy but I didn't like them. This years Conti's were tough to get on. I better like them!

They're now pumped up to 150. I'll let them sit for a day or two. I hope they loosen up, I'd hate to have to work that hard with glue on!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Paris-Nice on Versus right now! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, they go on easy after being stretched. Used Contis for the last 3 years as I like their combination of rolling resistance (mid pack) and puncture resistance (great) as it is tough to have both! Perhaps the rareified Dugasts do, but I'm not paying $500 for a set of tires.

Re: Paris-Nice on Versus right now! [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stretch my tires and then I sit them inflated on old clincher rims overnight, before I mount them. If you've stretched them enough, seating the tires is pretty easy.

BTW, the prologue was a hell of a race, the top 20 within like 11seconds of each other.

Adam

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply