Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2007 Soloist Team Grey or Black?
Quote | Reply
I am hoping to get one of these but can only find a few images of them built up and none with actual people on board. If anyone has one (and I think there might be a few!) could you post a pic please? What does anyone think of the Grey anodized finish compared to last years?
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 Soloist Team Grey or Black? [determinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally preferred the black. Haven't seen one being ridden in person or in photos yet.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing the photos on Cervelo's site, I really didn't like the gray... until I saw one in person. I like it sooo much better than the black. A guy on a local group ride has the Soloist Team in gray, with light gray tires, and white saddle/tape with a campy 2007 component mix and the bike looks fantastic. (For some reason I don't like the color as much on the P2) If I was getting one, I'd definitely want the gray.

Sorry I don't have a pic to post.
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 Soloist Team Grey or Black? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine is black, and i still prefer the black after seeing the 07'....i go for more of the stealth look personally, but thats just me.

i dont know if this link shows up
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/...ERY&BRAND.ID=415

but on the first page in that cervelo gallery, and on subsequent pages there is a few 07' Soloist Teams built up quite nicely....those are really the only internet pictures i've seen thus far
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am hoping to get one of these but can only find a few images of them built up and none with actual people on board.

Here is one that R and A built up. More pictures at http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#1171880

Quote Reply
Re: 2007 Soloist Team Grey or Black? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think they arranged the saddle and stem to slope at the same angle as the top tube on purpose? Looks mighty uncomfortable :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 Soloist Team Grey or Black? [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, you see you don't actually sit on the saddle. You're supposed to balance on the tip...it's called new-school nose riding. It encourages you to ride fast, to get the ride over with, 'cause it hurts so damn much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would also really like to pick one up, but; snooze on the paint or lack there of. Some people may like the stealth look or the lighter - no paint anodized finish, but I'd like to see at least another finish option. Only one each year, zzzzzzzz.

BTW, my current bike is 3/4 anodized, so I'd really like something flashy for a change.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: 2007 Soloist Team Grey or Black? [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, anodized is good...mrs lazy has a 2005 soloist and hasn't managed to scratch the finish yet, this is quite an achievement :)

Quote Reply
Re: 2007 Soloist Team Grey or Black? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks GearGrinder,

That has done it for me. I'm gettin one. Yeah it may not be as flashy as my Tiphoon was but I have realised that it's not about the bike anymore! Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to wait fr 13 weeks to get mine, I ended up with the black one, I was going for the grey, but after 2 months I just said f it, and told them I would take either. I love it.
Quote Reply