Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar HRM and Cateye Wireless interference?
Quote | Reply
Every since I put the Cateye wireless comp on my bike, my polar S120 no longer accurately reads my heart rate. It jumps up to 200+ and stays there. If I sit up and back on the bike it will sometimes read correctly, but in the aerobars it's never right. Anyone else have this problem and solve it? I've heard there may be a way to change the channel for the Cateye, but I can't seem to find directions in the manual or online.

Cateye is the CC-CD300DW Double wireless cadence and speed.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM and Cateye Wireless interference? [dwmangold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

They do not like to co-exist, one usualy wins out
Last edited by: wvarta: Mar 9, 07 13:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had this problem also...but I haven't tried to fix it yet. To change the channel on the Cateye you have to use a pen to push the reset button on the back of the display box. Then while the display is thinking you have to push and hold the button on the transmitter for 5 seconds. It automatically picks another channel. Not sure if that will fix it though since I haven't gotten off my duff to try it yet. Its so frickin hard to contort around and push all these buttons in hard to reach places with pens...Cateye sux. I should have just gotten the Polar with the cadence thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM and Cateye Wireless interference? [PClife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem also, if you count you may notice that the cadence is not correct either. Mine has not been. I know two other people who have had the same problem.
Really wish I had gotten something else but too late now and its not something I can just afford to go out and get another so I just make do with it. Indoor trainer rides now are usually just done with me counting my cadence occasionally and using my HRM>
Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM and Cateye Wireless interference? [PClife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks... I'll try this when I get home tonight. If it works I'll let you know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same monitor and the cateye micro wireless and have never had a problem. Maybe it is the lack of wireless cadence that makes it work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the same problem as you. This is the response I got from Cateye: "Unfortunately, the two products WILL interfere with each other, and as a result are not able to be used in conjunction.

FWIW, through experimentation I found:

Polar Non-coded watch/Non-coded transmitter: HRM went nuts, cadence was fine
Polar Coded watch/Coded transmitter: HR worked, cadence went nuts
Polar Coded watch/Non-coded transmitter: HR worked, cadence okay most of the time.

In the end, I bought the Polar CS200CAD and everything is working fine.

-K

Practice makes better
Quote Reply