Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cross bike...29er SS, cross bike...29er SS, cross bike...29erSS???
Quote | Reply
I'm completely torn. On one hand, I'm diggin' 'cross bikes. I've been looking mostly at the Redline Conquest Pro, Lemond Poprad, and Bianchi Cross Concept. On the other hand, I'm diggin the 29er SS's. Here I've been eyeing the Redline Monocog Flight 29 and the Surly Karate Monkey. Any thoughts?

Kupe

----------

Since life ultimately ends in death, life itself is life-threatening.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Quote Reply
Re: Cross bike...29er SS, cross bike...29er SS, cross bike...29erSS??? [kupe du monde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  29er
Quote Reply
Re: Cross bike...29er SS, cross bike...29er SS, cross bike...29erSS??? [kupe du monde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SS is tough in the hills here...cross will give you more flexibility--you may want to look at a Surly Pugsly too!

--Roberto

Representing:
De Soto Clothing
Marin Bicycles
Chariot Carriers
Karhu Skis
Kayland Boots
Nemo Tents
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Redline 29er - put on a King and some hydrolic brakes...I HIGHLY suggest it.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Karate Monkey and absolutely love it. It is my multi purpose assault vehicle. It goes wherever you point it and other cyclists scream in terror as you rip down the trail. It is a good solid bike and you can get freaky with gears and wheels.

Eric Doehrman
E3 Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using the Felt F1x as the all purpose bike for junk miles and getting off the beaten path, until a month ago I would have gone with a 'cross bike. Felt has entered the 29" wheel market with the NINE series of MTB for this year, and like Record10ti we loved the hyrdo brakes and beefy, durable component choices.

Now, if I had around $1500 it would be a total toss up, as the NINE Solo is my new favorite bike for go-anywhere fun.

So 29" or 'cross bike? I'd say YES!

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did this bad boy have anything to do with your current dilemma?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...n_Cycles_orange_29er

Its funny, I was pondering the same thing today, another cross bike or a 29er SS. I'm leaning toward the 29er mainly because I already have a Redline cross bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have both, and i guess it depends on what you are going to use it for? If you want a bike to ride around town and do some bad weather training on get a CX. if you already mountain bike a lot and want to have some fun chill mtb sessions get the SS 29er. I have a Gary Fisher Rig and love it - the brakes are pretty cheap (mechanical disc) but overall it's a perfect bike for a group mtb ride where there are people of all levels and I don't want to ride fast. i even did a couple races on it for the hell of it last summer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You want multi -function? Get one of these http://www.jonesbikes.com/...e/gallery/index.html

SS Ti MTB, 29er, gears, all at the drop of some allen keys. 1st class construction too.

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bianchi Roger, that is what you need!

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Re: Cross bike...29er SS, cross bike...29er SS, cross bike...29erSS??? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely leaning heavily towards the Redline Flight 29er. In fact, I damn near ordered it today. Kinda don't know why I didn't. I think it was way too easy when my wife told me to, "Go to the damn bike shop and get your bike so I don't have to listen to it anymore." It got me thinking about what the hell I'm gonna owe for this one. At any rate, I have a good roadie for commuting, everday riding, and racing...as well I could hope to race, at least. Anyway, with the cross bike not being much more of a departure from my roadie and the 29er just seeming so damned fun, I think I found a winner. Yeah, it also didn't hurt that the 29er comes in at about $800.00. That's like a sore pecker...you just can't beat it.

Thanks y'all!

----------

Since life ultimately ends in death, life itself is life-threatening.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Quote Reply