Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Multisport Canada
Quote | Reply
I just got my Multisport Canada race guide. They did a very nice job in a magazine format.

I'm jazzed & very much looking forward to racing in at least 10 of the possible 16 events.

If anybody wants to do the Gravenhurst event, don't delay. The start is from a steam ship so there's a cap on the number of athletes.

They also now have a 5k & 10k run on Toronto Island. I seem to remember doing a race there that a club like the Etobicoke Huskies put on. Wasaga Beach will also have a 5k & 1/2 marathon.

For more info check out www.multisportcanada.com

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: Multisport Canada [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats pretty cool jumping off a steamship. too bad Peterborough is the weekend before and it'll be my first 1/2 :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got your guide already??? Man....they must like you or something. Matters not though....there are few things in this life that I swear allegiance to Coca Cola is one...Multisport Canada HSBC triathlon series is the other. They might not have the numbers that some of the other race series have but what they do have is hard to quantify (my allegiance can't be measured). For all the focus groups and racer feedback studies they do..they actually seem to listen. One of the things I like is an athlete number cap on certain races. Keeps the really good events from being a total draft fest. I'll second the comment made by Speedy..jumping off the steamship last year was..really cool. People who have done Alcatraz before know this feeling..unlike any other race start you'll do and after 20yrs+ of doing the sport I didn't think there was anything new they could show me. I could blather on all day about the series and equally long about any of their events but my bottom line is...they have what I want out of racing. If you're in the sport and in Ontario you owe it to yourself to come out to one of their events and find out why. If you do you're going to see me there..every single race.
On second thought..scratch that..not sure that's the best selling point for an event.
Quote Reply
Re: Multisport Canada [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kent,

Great post. Indeed, John Salt and his team at Multisport Canada have done a great job of seeking new and different race venues and for coming up with some different formats over the years. The Gravenhurst event is a fine example of that. Very unique.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Multisport Canada [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks very much for those kind words. We try.

John Salt, Founder - MultiSport Canada
Canada's Largest Triathlon Series and Barrelman Niagara Falls
http://www.multisportcanada.com / http://www.niagarafallstriathlon.com
"Discipline Is What You Do When No One Is Watching You"
Quote Reply
Re: Multisport Canada [John Salt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haven't checked my mailbox yet today...but I better find the booklet in there today..or..it'll be Monday before I can register for any races and I know some of them are selling out fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like I said in another post today, we're incredibly lucky in Ontario. TWO incredible race series in the GTA that run throughout the summer.

Multisport truly reflects the vision and personality of John Salt, the RD. He cares. He listens. He's willing to explore new options (MultiMan, anyone?) He thinks about the entire racing experience, not just the mechanics of it. John's ability to add a personal touch to races never ceases to amaze me.

One of the best examples I like to cite is the now-defunct (through no fault of John's) Collingwood Long Course. Two transition areas? Dropping your stuff off in one are, finishing in another? I was wary, but the logistical smoothness with which it ran was the proverbial well-oiled machine.

Oh, and let's not forget the chicken hot dogs...
Quote Reply
Re: Multisport Canada [John Salt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright...got mine in the mail today too...yer lucky. Funny though..during the registration process there is no special category for me in there..what's with that?;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there: How does one get a race guide from them? By the way is there any detailed site for Guelph Lake Triathlon? I can't even find out what time it begins on the multisport site. Is it hard to get to by public transit?

A
Quote Reply
Re: Multisport Canada [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen brother. Can't believe anywhere has it better than we do. 2 "big" series, plus a fledgling Swyft/Trysport series putting on some great little races, and Sommersault in Ottawa with a full series (although I personally have not done them).

I raced the Multisport events, but it was when I volunteered in Parry Sound last year when I realized the "good of the sport" effort John and his crew put forth. It's really a small core group that makes these happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Multisport Canada [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"TWO incredible race series "

And don't forget the 3rd Ontario series - Somersault in the east.

Also the independent tris like Kingston, one of the very best in the province.
Quote Reply
Re: Multisport Canada [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ontario is a perverbial triathlon hotbed! It's the new San Diego. Who knew? In fact it's better than SD and Boulder and all those other so called Tri hotspots. We have more great races and great race venues than any other area in North America!

Not bad for an area that as of today is for the most part still buried in 2 feet of snow!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply