Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My latest project.... [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright spill the beans man. We have waited a long time already! SHARE.
Quote Reply
Re: My latest project.... [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It looks great, I'm eager to see the final build and hear how you like it compared to your other rigs.

Have you decided on no bottle?

-SD

I don't do events that are long enough to require any drink. I only do four or five 40Ks a year. The others are shorter. The aerodynamics of this frame don't seem to like a seattube bottle. So, if I had use something, I'd probably opt for a between-the-bars type.

I'm still doing comparisons, switching bikes every couple of days. It looks promising so far, but the comparisons aren't too definitive since I can't achieve the same position on both bikes yet. I'm waiting on the local shop to get me the correct crown race so I can stick a conventional fork on and try some real low and real extended positions. Eventually, I'll probably get a custom stem that will allow me to achieve my optimum position and still use the bayonet mount. Though, I wonder how much extra benefit it provides when my aerobars and arms are shielding all but the bottom 4 cm of the headtube.

One interesting tidbit: the whole DA sits a lot lower than a comparably sized P3C. From the specs, the difference should only be 1cm, but I keep measuring it over and over and I get a lot more than that. No wonder it does so well in the tunnel!

-- jens

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SuperDave [ In reply to ]
Re: My latest project.... [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens has a machinest on payroll I'd wager.

Chris
Quote Reply

Prev Next