Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Seriously: What do you think is in the pipeline for Cervelo? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave, thanks for the input.

cervelo design is excellent, but i think in many ways the new DA has raised the bar yet higher. overall, i think the new DA frame is a remarkable and very clever design. for one, has anyone ever put the rear brake behind the BB but above the chainstays? 'out-of-the-box' thinking is always impressive ...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Seriously: What do you think is in the pipeline for Cervelo? [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I like the new DA too, but I'll also acknowledge the benchmark that was set before it.

I'm not aware of another bike with the brake in the seat tube, but keep in mind it would be very difficult to do with a metal frame and maintain the 25mm seat tube width. Carbon has opened some doors to be sure.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Seriously: What do you think is in the pipeline for Cervelo? [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
has anyone ever put the rear brake behind the BB but above the chainstays?
I've never seen it done before, but aside from being different what advantage does it provide?
Quote Reply
Re: Seriously: What do you think is in the pipeline for Cervelo? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think that would be a question better directed at superdave.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Seriously: What do you think is in the pipeline for Cervelo? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the largest advantage the DA/B2 has are the cable routing system behind into the top tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i think that would be a question better directed at superdave.
It was mostly a rhetorical question.
Quote Reply
Re: Seriously: What do you think is in the pipeline for Cervelo? [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think the largest advantage the DA/B2 has are the cable routing system behind into the top tube.

1) How is it any different from that used by Zipp, Hooker, Trek, etc.?

2) Having owned one bike with similar cable routing as well as several where the cables enter the side of the downtube, I think the latter is far more user-friendly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did those other bike have internal cable guide tubes for the cables? I was chatting with Jim at the Felt booth during ToC and he was talking about how difficult it was to create those given c/f molding processes. It looked pretty damn slick.
Quote Reply
Re: Seriously: What do you think is in the pipeline for Cervelo? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did those other bike have internal cable guide tubes for the cables? I was chatting with Jim at the Felt booth during ToC and he was talking about how difficult it was to create those given c/f molding processes. It looked pretty damn slick.

I know that the Hooker did, but it was aluminum, not carbon fiber. However, I believe that the Zipp used internal guides, and it was carbon fiber.

I don't know re. the Trek - maybe somebody else can chime in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It isn't different aero wise from the trek et al, but it is very different from a P3C.
Quote Reply
Re: Seriously: What do you think is in the pipeline for Cervelo? [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unbelievable to me how much some of you guys get caught up in this stuff. If this doesn't explain it, I don't know what will...

http://www.amosweb.com/...ing+marginal+returns

runfatmanrun.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The housing on the DA is nothing like the Hooker or Zipp. It is the benchmark of user-friendly internal routing.

WRT the rear brake we could have put it anywhere, tested it nearly everywhere and it ended up where there was the least amount of drag. Keeping the seatstay/seattube junction clean was the biggest benefit.

Pretty clean air coming off the Bayonet onto the downtube aft of the rider, it would be a pity to spoil it with cable housing.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply

Prev Next