Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tt position pic&video
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: tt position pic&video [alvaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle height looks good -- shocking on ST! The small chainring, though, uugggggghhhh. :-)

Maybe shorter stem? I say that's personal preference, and I like being a little more than 90* at the elbow (like you).

Back looks a little rounded, either because you are too low, don't like riding on your taint, or ? Does your back feel OK after a long ride like that? I'd maybe try to roll the hips a little more forward.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: tt position pic&video [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Saddle height looks good -- shocking on ST! The small chainring, though, uugggggghhhh. :-)

Maybe shorter stem? I say that's personal preference, and I like being a little more than 90* at the elbow (like you).

Back looks a little rounded, either because you are too low, don't like riding on your taint, or ? Does your back feel OK after a long ride like that? I'd maybe try to roll the hips a little more forward.

I actually just lowered the saddle 1,5cm so it was a genuine ST position until yesterday. that's the way my back bends, and I just can't understand how people can 'roll the hips forward'... it sounds as painful as 'seat without a saddle'.

my arms are ok like that because the saddle is quite slack, so not too much weight on them. I was even considering getting a longer stem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Looks very good. That helmet really works for you! If you can ride some of the time with your face facing down a little bit more (to where you can only see about 15 feet up the road), that will reduce drag a even more. But you're good even without doing that. I would definitely not go with a shorter stem. If you slide up on the saddle at all (as many do), you would be bumping your elbows with your knees.

- jens

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Overall, it looks fast, but I'm going to guess your back is going to hurt from that one day. It looks like your hips are too stiff relative to spine extensors- pelvis is upright, chest is flat, poor spine is hating you eventually. Strengthen your back so that it's passive stiffness is greater than your butt, and teach your hips to flex without tilting your pelvis, and your back will be happier.

And I'm supposed to be learning not to give unsolicited advice... sorry...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great postion. Nice to see someone riding a Cervelo P2C - a very under-appreciated bike.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply