Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mail order steaks/seafood ?'s
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

Since its nutrition month and we have VERY limited access to good steaks/seafood in the grocery store (yes - store - there is only 1...Vons).

What are people's opinions on mail order steaks/fish? Where to order from? Anything to watch out for? Mainly looking for BBQ items.

Thanks,

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Mail order steaks/seafood ?'s [daveinmammoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wall Street Journal did a review in one of this past week's newspapers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received a box of Omaha steaks for Christmas a couple of years ago. I was skeptical, but they were delicious!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gotten stuff from Omaha Steaks. Most of it was very good, better than the grocery store. However, it was also 4-5 times the price and it wasn't 4-5 times better.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just got an order of amazing meats from us wellness. http://www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok
pretty amazing. All grass fed products (which seem impossible to find around here) and they say they have been recognized for superior treatment of their animals (right up to the point of the kill) and all family farms. Check out the jerky. Can't find an ingredient list that short anywhere else unless you do it yourself. Paleo eaters dream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once you go buffalo, you'll never go back.

http://www.buffalogroves.com/grassfed.html

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never ordered from this place but I've been dying to get some ostrich. I had it at a restaurant once and it was damn good.

http://www.exoticmeats.com/

El (I really am the Devil) Diablo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got some Omaha Steaks burgers from my boss once. I don't eat that kind of stuff and gave them to my buddy and his wife. They RAVED about them.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my meat and seafood, but I don't think I could trust mail order. Although I know that it would be perfectly safe to eat. Plus we have a few butchers in town. One's slogan is "meat so fresh you'll wanna slap it" He holds up to his slogan really good.
The only problem I have is I can only BBQ when it's not windy as our BBq is completely exposed.

Scott McNamee
Cranks Bicycle Shoppe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Allen Brothers Steaks are the best. www.ABsteaks.com I order some steaks for our anniversary and they are wonderful and even better if cooked on a Big Green Egg. www.biggreenegg.com. The Big Green Egg was the coolest triathlon award I even won.

I am not a big red meat eater, but you can cut these steaks with a butter knife. (I even order some of their cheaper steaks - which still cost about $20.00 plus for one 8 oz steak) The ground Wagyu Beef and Beef Hot Dogs with a lamb casing are great, too.

We are having Blackened Clemson Blue Cheese Wagyu Beef Burgers tonight.