Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

StrechCordz Long Belt Slider - someone have tried these?
Quote | Reply
Could this be a real tool for a stationary swim training in a backyard pool?
www.nzmfg.com/Pages/StrechWater1.html

Way cheaper than endless pool...

"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. "
Gustave Flaubert
Quote Reply
Re: StrechCordz Long Belt Slider - someone have tried these? [TURTLE MAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use them in my pool and have for about 2 years. It is nice to be able to use the pool anytime rather than have to be a slave to the lap swim hours. I don't know how well it would work for improving the swim, but you can definitely use it to maintain some swimming fitness. The best is going out at about 9:00 pm and getting in 15 or 20 minutes before bed. Try them out; their cheap at twice the price!

Bernie

Re: StrechCordz Long Belt Slider - someone have tried these? [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is nice to be able to use the pool anytime rather than have to be a slave to the lap swim hours
You said it all. hat´s what I´m looking for. In a matter of fact, I plan to keep one swim per week in the lap pool, to keep the feel, and 2 or 3 practices at home...maybe I won´t brake teh 100m WR, but I think I can improve, adding some cords dryland exercises.
Thanks for the input.

"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. "
Gustave Flaubert
Quote Reply
Re: StrechCordz Long Belt Slider - someone have tried these? [TURTLE MAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the one you actually want is the one below, the StretchCordz Short Belt. The Long Belt Slider is meant to be used in a 25 yard or 25 meter pool. The age group team I work out with uses them occasionally to provide resistance when swimming. Lots of resistance, but not until you get about 18 yards out. They are intended to stretch all the way across a 25 yard pool, although I have to frantically grab the lane line to pull myself the last 5 yards. Once you get to the other side, you flip the belt mechanism around (hence the slider) and do assisted speed on the way back. The Short Belt is heavier resistance and shorter (obviously) so that you can use it in small pools.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my gosh, I love the "grudge belt" on that same page.
The stretch cord belt looks like a good training tool, but the grudge belt looks like it would be *fun*. From the website:

"Two belts connected by a 7-foot (2.1m) length of heavy latex tubing for swimming tug-of-war, barge pulls or many other exercises."

Wow
Quote Reply
Re: StrechCordz Long Belt Slider - someone have tried these? [HeidiC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was an useful information, I emailed NZ with some questions few days ago, no answering till now.Thanks.

Gustave Flaubert
Quote Reply