Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Taking the stickers off a renn?
Quote | Reply
Okay, so I got my renn 575 which completes my IMAZ wheelset (cosmic carbone front, 575 rear, 11-23) I was thinking the disc would look cooler if I took the stickers off so it was only black. At the risk of sounding stupid, im sort of scared to do it as the wheel is brand new. WHats the best way to remove a sticker from carbon fiber??
Quote Reply
Re: Taking the stickers off a renn? [IRONLOBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peal them off

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2001 model. Last year I finally decided to take the ugly bumper sticker sized decals off. When I did it left a very noticable outline where the stickers have been. There was simply no cleaning it off, I'm sure it was because the color had faded a bit. It looked worse than it did with the obnoxious stickers.

I ended up painting the entire wheel so it wouldn't look so bad.

I would be careful doing that. If you pull them off try and pull them off in one piece just in case you have to put them back on because of an ugly outline.
Last edited by: beatnic_tx: Mar 2, 07 16:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warm stickers up with a hairdryer & they are easier to peel off - resudual glue can be removed with surfboard wax remover, which i believe is pretty much citronella oil. Note: i did this on my car & it was ok - its your wheel...
Quote Reply
Re: Taking the stickers off a renn? [unistudentbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i took the stickers off a new Renn disc and it didn't do anything to the wheel exept make it look better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldnt wait too long bc that is what will cause you to have the variances in the color.

Matt
Race-Ready Endurance Training
Team BIKEWAY.com
NYPD Racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude! DO NOT REMOVE THE "STICKERS." THEY'RE STRUCTURAL! The Renn "stickers" use polymer nanotechnology to reinforce the carbon matrix in the wheel. They were placed at key stress points and were shown through the MIT cycling team study to increase stiffness by 3%, vibration dampening by 2.1%, and durability by 6%. Further, fluid-dynamics studies demonstrated that their profile helps create a micro-vortex in the boundary layer which has been shown to shave 20 seconds off of a 40K TT time for a rider traveling at 17 MPH. Savings would be less if you were traveling through air as opposed to a fluid but still, every second counts!

Whatever you do, don't remove those stickers. You can try to reapply them but once the seal is broken you'll never have optimal performance out of the wheel.

-Marc
Quote Reply
Re: Taking the stickers off a renn? [MarcK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That last post made my day. Anywho, I took the stickers off last night, it was really easy and didnt even leave any residue or dis-coloration. the wheel looks much better, those shiny bumper stickers were really bothering me but I guess bad graphics are what I get for not coming up with the extra $1000 for a zipp.
Quote Reply