Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hydration for long runs??? [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the pic. :-) I just did a search for the Nathan belt. I take it you switch out the gu flasks with water bottles? Hmmm, never thought of that, pretty cool. Right now I either suffer with carrying a bottle in my hand with the hand belt type of things or my ultimate pak, which is a pain and moves around on my waist/hips.

Hmmm, I'm one that really needs to have something to drink during a 5k run, 10k run, etc. Now if I'm racing I usually don't stop for anything for this distance, but training is diff. I'm either always dehydrated or it is a psychological boost that I get from drinking something. ;-) Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

N~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey,

Another question I had, have any of you tried the nathan or even the fuelbelt 2 pak carrier? I'm not sure if I would need the 4, even if I do plan on training throughout this year for an ultra early next. Less weight to carry around my middle is always better for me. Just curious your thoughts, opinions.

N~
Quote Reply
Re: Hydration for long runs??? [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
thanks for the pic. :-) I just did a search for the Nathan belt. I take it you switch out the gu flasks with water bottles? Hmmm, never thought of that, pretty cool. Right now I either suffer with carrying a bottle in my hand with the hand belt type of things or my ultimate pak, which is a pain and moves around on my waist/hips.

Hmmm, I'm one that really needs to have something to drink during a 5k run, 10k run, etc. Now if I'm racing I usually don't stop for anything for this distance, but training is diff. I'm either always dehydrated or it is a psychological boost that I get from drinking something. ;-) Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

N~
I don't keep my gels in a flask, but Nathan also sells a clip-on gel flask that works with the belt, or you could just keep a gel flask in the large center pocket.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hydration for long runs??? [kitkat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey,

Another question I had, have any of you tried the nathan or even the fuelbelt 2 pak carrier? I'm not sure if I would need the 4, even if I do plan on training throughout this year for an ultra early next. Less weight to carry around my middle is always better for me. Just curious your thoughts, opinions.

N~
No, just the 4-bottle version. On "shorter" runs, I just leave 2 of the bottles at home. The other two holsters just stay empty.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey,

thanx for the response. I guess I could purchase the 4 bottle/flask one just in case I really get into the ultra running thing. Right now just the thought of 40oz of water/infinit hanging off my waist is not all that appealing. Tho better than drying up and blowing away after 20 miles or so. ;-)

N~
Quote Reply

Prev Next