Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What would you do with a $220M lottery jackpot? [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would buy this bike.

Last edited by: Bman: Mar 3, 07 12:23
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do with a $220M lottery jackpot? [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way. The seat is too high.
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do with a $220M lottery jackpot? [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Dude seems very level headed and grounded...no Jack Whittaker, that's for sure.

Dude seems full of crap. He says he is now worth $128 to $130 million after 1-1/2 years. He started with $45 million in municipal bonds and $35 million allocated aggressive. Munis returned 4.1% over the past 1.5 years and even if his $35 million doubled that doesn't give you $128 million.

I could live just fine on a $45 million muni portfolio - 4.5% coupon gives you $2 million of income.

Also you don't turn $75 million into a billion in ten years when half your portfolio is allocated to muni bonds. Somebody is giving him bad financial expectations. $70 million compounded at 25% for 12 years gives you a billion. However, he bought into real estate at the top of the cycle and I'm sure that will give him 25% a year for the next 12 years!

Don't forget about taxes. The only smart thing this guy did is put money in munis; his investment sense does not sound good, but at least with munis he should not lose any principal and get a nice piece of income, just based on brute force (huge principal).

You need to remember that this guy is sharp. He developed a "system" to beat the lottery. By choosing the 15 most commonly drawn numbers from the lottery for the previous 6 months, he was able to predict the 15 numbers that would be most likely to be in future winning combinations. Anyone who would actually believe that previous lottery numbers have any bearing on the future outcome of random trials is a total moron. What I couldn't figure out is, since he has developed a winning "system" why not invest his winnings in the lottery, as he would surely reach a billion dollars in a few years time.

BTW I just bought my quick pick for the $345 million NYMega tonight. Why waste time "picking" numbers when it is random anyway. If I win, I will give away 100 bikes on ST.
Quote Reply
Re: What would you do with a $220M lottery jackpot? [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$220 MIL...hmmm. I'd use it as a down payment on a nice castle in France. I'd py the rest in nice, affordable monthly installments.

http://www.Felipe-Bastos.com
--------------------------------------------
Blog: felipebastos.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/felipebastos
Twitter: @felipebastos1
Quote Reply

Prev Next