Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Toronto Bike Show this weekend .....
Quote | Reply
..... any STers going? Every year when it is Bike Show time, it is a sure sign that outdoor riding isn't too far away!

My daughter has a swim meet all weekend but I'm hoping to get there on Friday evening.
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot all about this. I'll be there at some point over the weekend, but I'm not sure when yet. It was nice to meet everyone last year. Any chance we could do that again? Is anyone else going?

Speedy - are you going to be in the booth again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it that time of year again? I like this shortened winter we are having. Spring and early day-light savings are right around the corner.

I am not sure that I will have time to head down to the show. I have a pretty busy weekend lined up. XC skiing with some friends on Saturday morning, then some painting at the house in the afternoon. On Sunday I am attending and helping out a swim and wetsuit seminar for a customer( Tri Running & Walking) in Rochester, NY.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and I are going on Saturday. It's our annual pilgrimage to the "Big Smoke". So is Dumper, Randy, Lynn, Sharon and probably a few other local area people you know. See you there.
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going down on Friday night.

Sadly, I thought the last couple of years looked like more of a flea market than a bike show.

I'll be hunting for a carbon seatpost, new computer and maybe an SLR or full carbon saddle if I can get a good price.

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there typically lots of good deals on tri stuff (not bikes) and cycling clothing? Is that what the 'flea market' comment was alluding to?
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [sweddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience has been the really good deals are in the fall when retailers are trying to unload all their stock. But I have found a few jems. Go either early Friday or late Sunday (because they don't want to pack the stuff up again and would rather sell it.)
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
On Sunday I am attending and helping out a swim and wetsuit seminar for a customer( Tri Running & Walking) in Rochester, NY.
Bring your skate skis.
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Bring your skate skis."

Thanks. I had not really thought of that. Is there somewhere near Rochester that has Nordic skiing. I may be into that.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We usually start around 8:00 - 9:00'ish am at Mendon Ponds Park. Which is very close to Victor, NY were you'll have to go. Ok, it's not Gat. Parc but for what you have to pay it's great ( $0.00).

www.xcrochester.com

The Rochester xc "A" team won't be there this weekend. They'll be in Forestville with Dev doing the 100K.

Hope to see you out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Likely pulling the chute on work early on Friday to hit the show. Don't need much (another set of bib shorts and a helmet would be great), but I'm eager to see the pretty toys, and some old friends.

Oh, and the Wheels of Bloor booth, as always... ;)
Last edited by: mfreeman72: Feb 27, 07 13:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be heading down to the show Saturday, and then off to Grimsby for the 1/2 marathon on Sunday.
-anyone know the hours that the show is open Saturday?

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Grimsby too! Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shows open at 10:00-6:00 on Saturday I believe. I'm thinking of cutting out early on Friday to check things out.

I think I may run the Grimsby 1/2 Sunday as well, it'll be my first run at any intensity/tempo so we'll see how it goes.
Enjoy!
Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [sweddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There can be some really good deals. I've done pretty well over the years with all sorts of things. A few years ago there were bins filled with Rip N Hammer clothing after they went out of business and you could get long sleeve jerseys for $20. I bought a LG helmet there 3 years ago for around $30. I got my daughter's LG road bike for $400 two years ago (this is why she loves to go with me!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be going with Kentiger. Not sure which day yet.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm heading to the Bike Show Friday afternoon/early evening. I always look forward to watching the unicyclists do their trials...some of those guys are freakin amazing. A couple years ago, I saw a guy ride his uni between the roof of two cars over a 2X4 around 8 feet long.

Funny story: My brother bought me a unicyle for Christmas a couple of years ago. I used to train down in the basement to learn how to ride the friggin thing. My daughter's punk boyfriend was watching me and I gave him a few tips. Later (after they broke up), I see this guy downtown hopping curbs and balancing for stoplight crossings and the guy is amazing. He taught his brother how to ride who taught his friends and so on, and so on. Now this small town has 8-10 hardcore unicyclists riding around and I am the Godfather who got it started! Meanwhile I can barely ride the damn thing down my driveway.

@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Bike Show this weekend ..... [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, the uni dudes are pretty intense. It's worth stopping and watching them do their thing for a while...

So you are the guy responsible for all the uni action in Stratford?

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
COOL! I am shopping for some tri-gears such as a helmet, clothing, and bike shoes. Do you think there would be good deals for those things? Is it a good idea for me to bring my visa card?

A
Quote Reply