Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance just jacked Landis
Quote | Reply
Did anyone hear that interview on Versus? Lance said the fear of the ToC was that when an American didn't win the Tour nobody would show up. Nice jab at Landis LOL.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance just jacked Landis [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he was just trying to tactfully avoid the without Lance in the race no one will watch...

--Roberto

Representing:
De Soto Clothing
Marin Bicycles
Chariot Carriers
Karhu Skis
Kayland Boots
Nemo Tents
Quote Reply
Re: Lance just jacked Landis [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did anyone hear that interview on Versus? Lance said the fear of the ToC was that when an American didn't win the Tour nobody would show up. Nice jab at Landis LOL.

I don't think it was meant as a jab at Landis at all, he's friends with Landis. There is little chance of an American winning the Tour this year. Floyd out, Lance out, Julich unlikely, Levi working for Basso, etc, it doesn't look good. Yet, this year the sport seems to be growing, and doing well in the US, as evident from the ToC.

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply
Re: Lance just jacked Landis [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somehow I doubt Levi will be working for basso. I could see them trying to split up the squad to protect a couple different riders like they did last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance just jacked Landis [dano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean like a split squad when it was Ullrich vs Bjarne back in the days?

Nah, Levi has proven when it gets HARD in the Tour he has nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,,he will work for Basso who will win the Tour so easy like Lance used to. Big George will make it sooooooooooooooo.

tfun
Quote Reply
Re: Lance just jacked Landis [dano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Somehow I doubt Levi will be working for basso. I could see them trying to split up the squad to protect a couple different riders like they did last year."

Nope. They may talk about all the options they're going to have with Popo, Levi and Basso--but they proved, with 7 wins, that there's only one way to give themselves the best shot. Everyone works for Basso.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance just jacked Landis [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I don't think it was meant as a jab at Landis at all, he's friends with Landis.
Or do you think Landis knows a lot about the Discovery/Postal "Program"?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance just jacked Landis [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far it looks like Levi is the man for Discovery in the ToC. However, when TdF rolls around, I'm sure Basso will be the man.

"Discovery Channel Pro riders George Hincapie (USA) and Ivan Basso (ITA) launched Leipheimer’s attack as he pursued the leaders up the climb, and the entire field exploded under the pressure of the 10%+ gradient."
Last edited by: moosetris: Feb 22, 07 6:59
Quote Reply