Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody ever do Whiteface?
Quote | Reply
I've skied down Whitface but never rode a bike up it. This event looks like it might be fun in a painful kind of way.

Anybody done it? Impressions?

http://www.whitefacerace.com/bikeraceinfo.html
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ever do Whiteface? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. When I first started racing bikes back in the mid 80s there was a 3 day stage race in Lake Placid and the surrounding area. The first year I did the race as a Cat 4 we finished the road race on Whiteface. If I remember correctly the finish was just before the road turned to dirt. I remember it being really hard and steep in places. I got dropped within the first mile and was totally spent. So spent that when the women's field caught me near the finish I didnt even attempt to hang onto them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden it, but my best friend did while in LP last year. You can only ride up it early in the morning or after 5pm as I recall. No riding in the middle of the day. But even the ride up to the guard station is pretty challenging.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the race...but the ST "race"

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...uest=10947843#882927

We'll be back again this year on Sat Jun 23rd to find out who the ST King of Whiteface Mtn is...

From last year:

Podium:

Also Ran, Masters Podium:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I did it with Dev and the crew last June (not that I am most certainly NOT in his podium pictures). Very fun and challenging ride. I'd love to go up again, but I'll never ride down it again. Too freaky for me. The pavement has these ripples in it that you can't see until you are right on them. I did not enjoy that. If I'm there in the future I'll probably do three repeats up to the toll gate and back.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody ever do Whiteface? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be me this Mr Dev paul

dirt
Quote Reply