Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Germany
Quote | Reply
Any ST peeps in Europe? I am moving to Germany in July....IM Austria 2008 is looking good...any other recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Germany [kaupilimakoa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends what kind of courses you like. For IM or Irondistance then Quelle Challenge Roth is mythical and has THE best spectator support. IM Austria has great crowd support too. This are both very fast courses, Austria being the fastest IM on the circuit and Roth is even faster with winning times well below 8 hours the last 2 years. If you like a very challenging bike course then Nice and Embrunman are spectacular.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where abouts in Germany?

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Germany [Bishopsax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vilseck. It is Eastern, very close to Czech border.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, dont know anything about that area. I was in Frankfurt for a while and then further west near Luxembourg.

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived just outside of Vilseck (town of Hahnbach) for three years. There are lot of tris within a few hours of driving...Quelle Challenge Roth is the closest IM and Frankfurt is about a 3-4 hour drive on the autobahn if you were interested in IM Germany. Tristar Regensburg (about 90 minutes away) puts on an Oly race in August and there is a tri club in Amberg--about 15 miles from Vilseck. Big indoor pool in Amberg, too, and an outdoor one in Sulzbach-Rosenberg to use in the summer. I think the town of Vilseck might have a pool, too. The post doesn't.

Awesome, awesome place to ride and run... Rural, traffic free roads in great shape, courteous drivers. Lots of opportunities for dirt road running, too.

Enjoy! Besides deployments, we had three awesome years there.

-Danielle
Quote Reply