Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USA XC Championships
Quote | Reply
With easily 5,000+ spectators on a sunny, brisk day in Boulder, Deena Kastor crushed a strong women's field, and Alan Culpepper came from behind to win the USA Cross Country Championships this afternoon. "Team Goucher" (husband/wife Adam and Kara) finished 2 and 3, repsectively. It was a full day of XC races with lots of area triathletes in the crowd. I'm writing up a report right now for www.triathletemag.com - check that out later.
Quote Reply
Re: USA XC Championships [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impressive races! Don't forget Hasay's performance too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the report. I had to ferry the kids to sporting events and birthday parties, so I couldn't make it. I don't think we could have asked for a better day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reminder! I was talking about this with a running buddy this am (he ran XC at Xavier and just graduated last year). They run an odd distance for championships right? Like 4K short and 12K long, not the std. 8K college, right?

Re: USA XC Championships [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jr women run 6k, Jr men run 8k, as do the open women, and the open men run 12k. They announced a crowd of 10,000. It's hard to tell but I've been to 6 US XC Champs and 3 World XC Champs and I've never seen more people. I have some pics that I'll post tomorrow. It was a beautiful day...mid 40s and sunny. The course was muddy but not too bad.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: USA XC Championships [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Would love to see some photos.

Quote | Reply
It used to be the two different distances, but they changed it this year as I think World's no longer has the separate short/long distances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Winner, 7-time US Cross Country Champion and two-time World Championship silver medalist Deena Kastor en route to a dominating win of more than a minute.

Second place finisher Shalane Flanagan...the new American Record holder for 3,000m indoors.

The huge crowds, somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 spectators. You can see them lined up on another part of the course across the snow field

Men's winner and hometown favorite Alan Culpepper

Placing second was former CU Buff Adam Goucher

Early leader Dathan Ritzenhein faded over the last 4k but still finished 3rd, leading a top 4 sweep for CU Alumni

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Shawn! The altitude seems to have favored a few : )

Hope they were wearing your previous employer's kicks ...

Quote | Reply
Pictures of the race will probably be at www.eliterunning.com in the next day or 2. In the meanwhile, you can check out a bunch of other race photos from their site.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go CU! (97 Alumn, not the team of course just the school!)

There was some coverage on ESPN2 today nestled in with a track meet in Arkansas, my Tivo happened to pick it up.
Last edited by: admill: Feb 11, 07 12:48
Quote Reply