Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm hot, she's not... [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife turns blue when she's cold. With the thermostat set at 70, many a night sees us on the couch - she's wrapped in blankets shivering while I'm in shorts and a t-shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm hot, she's not... [BillyC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife decided that the Lavender Room was a better place for a non-triathlon related thread............

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: I'm hot, she's not... [BillyC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My wife turns blue when she's cold. With the thermostat set at 70, many a night sees us on the couch - she's wrapped in blankets shivering while I'm in shorts and a t-shirt.

Same scenario at my house. When we go to bed (in the winter) she brings a fleece blanket to wrap herself in UNDER the down comforter, while wearing flannel pajamas!! I'm on the other side in shorts and a Under armor "hot" shirt with the comforter pushed off me. I still wake up in a sweat.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm hot, she's not... [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone fight the battle of the thermostat with their spouse or s.o.??

Comes with the territory. I am not that big, but I have quite the furnace. This means despite the multiple blankets, she's in my lap at night. We let the house go down to 60 at night, but I'll still wake up in a light sweat most mornings.

The only irritating thing is, she is the conservation diehard and keeps the house at 67 or so during the day in the winter, to save enregy and what not. However, she and my daughter can't close a door behind them completely to save their life. Very frustrating.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm hot, she's not... [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been married about 20 years, and we've been sleeping in seperate rooms for the past 8. Partly for the temp issue. I like it at least 10 degrees cooler than her and partly because of different wake up and bed times. Works for us.

"It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster"
Quote Reply

Prev Next