Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

race directors...host hotels. whats the deal??
Quote | Reply
I've noticed that a lot of big triathlon races have host hotels and I was wondering what benefits the race organizers get from this and how you go about setting it up. The reason I ask is that the rowing club I work for hosts one of the biggest regattas in the US. I was wondering if this might be something worth looking into for our club. I'm assuming you would offer free advertising on your website, race programs, etc...if they compensate you in some form. Please PM me with any input...I'd love to hear some ideas to help make our regatta more profitable.

Thanks in advance,
Keith
Quote Reply
Re: race directors...host hotels. whats the deal?? [reblAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should also state that we are a not for profit organization...so all the revenue we generate goes right back into the program.
Quote Reply
Re: race directors...host hotels. whats the deal?? [reblAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speak to hotel managers. Most will offer discounted rooms and maybe even free rooms for the director if you can get people to stay. I would also talk with the manger about possible sponsorship. The hotel with the best deal becomes the race hotel.

With the rowing club, pick a place with a nice bar. More people leads to more beer and more money for the hotel. It should be an easy sale with hotels.

Quote | Reply
For my host hotel - Radisson Suites we got the best discount from the normal room rate. They are also the only one to really step up with a special 4-6 am breakfast, and offer a 3pm check out. What I get as an RD is two free rooms - that I needed for my USAT officials and timing company people.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply