Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire
Quote | Reply
Anyone know anything about these?

MJ is sponsored by them for next year and I heard something about them from huddle on a multisports.com podcast - apparently they are revolutionary but how???

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just giving this a bump. I've asked around and haven't found any info on this either, and I'm intrigued.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested how "revolutionary" and "shoes" can really be used together.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is exactly my point...how different can a sole be??

(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the Newtons, but what do you think of these???

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Last edited by: The_Mickstar: Feb 7, 07 5:58
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the modern version of the dutch cycling shoe?

presumably they are custom made for a perfect fit?

(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Presumably. I haven't checked it out, but I'm sure there's more info at the Simmons Racing website. http://www.simmons-racing.com/

All I want to know is how in the world are your feet supposed to breathe in them?

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Last edited by: The_Mickstar: Feb 7, 07 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you breathe through your feet, I guess you'd need these ones, instead...
http://www.groupedetete.com/simmons_trishoe.htm

Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and for the Newton shoes go to www.newtonrunning.com after Mar1 for all the info.

Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the website, the small photo of the newton shoe bears a resemblance to the old Adidas Gazelle running shoe. Anybody remember these shoes, minimal heel, lots of forefoot cushion? I think Adidas's marketing campaign at the time was "Feet You Wear", probably around in the late 90's. I really liked those shoes and am hoping the new Newtons are similar.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [paulmn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you seeing a photo? I just get a big countdown clock counting to March 1st.

In an interview with Jones she as talking about a higher forefoot. I'm not really a runner, so I don't know what that would do for someone. But it might certainly feel weird. The claim on the website that they are completely revolutionizing running seems a bit far-fetched to me. Haven't all these designs been through the ringer a million times?

-C

Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try moving your mouse over the red logo under the countdown clock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Genius! Snazzy colors, too.

-C

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Adidas Gazelle"

Are we talking the same shoe. Actually, these were run training shoes circa 1974. In fact, many runners wore them back then. I was running 30 - 40 miles/week in Gazelles back then. These days the Gazelle would be considered a casual or tennis shoe. This was right around the time that both adidas and Nike came out with what many would consider to be the modern running shoe. Adidas had the SL 76 and Nike introduced the famous Waffle Trainer - the shoe that really put Nike on the map.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on the most recently issued patent they're asserting, here's an idea of the direction they're probably headed for the sole (it looks like they're going for a "spring", like a nike shox, but different design):

A sole construction for supporting at least a portion of a human foot and for providing energy storage and return is provided. The sole construction includes a generally horizontal layer of stretchable material, at least one chamber positioned adjacent a first side of the layer, and at least one actuator positioned adjacent a second side of the layer vertically aligned with a corresponding chamber. Each actuator has a footprint size smaller than that of the corresponding chamber, and is sized and arranged to provide individual support to the bones of the human foot. The support structure when compressed causes the actuator to push against the layer and move the layer at least partially into the corresponding chamber. In one embodiment, the horizontal layer of stretchable material is at least partially enclosed by a wall the prevents horizontal displacement of the layer during compression.*

*this is the abstract, which probably just tells you their overarching idea - or some attorney's understanding of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Gazelle went through a "re-birth" during the mid 90's. It was one of their top end neutral shoes. Lower heel, tight fit, lots of forefoot cushioning. Great shoe. They went away from it around 2000 or 2001. There were a couple of old pairs in my last box to go to Goodwill at the end of the year.

scott
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like Scott said, the mid to late 90's version of the Gazelle running shoe, lower heel, snug fit, large forefoot cushion. I still think it was the "feet you wear" campaign that Adidas was trying to push. I tried to google for a photo, however all I could come up with was pictures of the Adidas Gazelle shoe that looks like a soccer/casual shoe.

Maybe Danny will find out about this thread and have some input for us. Good marketing opp for him.......
Quote Reply
Re: Newton Shoes by Danny Abshire [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be subject to interpretation, but if they are claiming a spring like storage device they will putlawed for running races.

Styrrell
Quote Reply