Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TCSD website info any good???
Quote | Reply

A complete no show for this ride this morning..........was the 53F temp too cold??

Does anyone know if any of the info on their website is current or reliable?

Attempts to verify the info by emailing the club president have not been successful since they come back as undelieverable.

Thanks for any help or info you can pass on.

:: Bike Ride - Solana Beach ::

THURSDAY MORNING BIKE RIDE

Solana Beach - 6:00 AM

Join us for a 30-40 mile bike ride every Thursday at 6:00am. The ride starts in Solana Beach at Fletcher Cove located off Highway 101 in Solana Beach. The route heads north up the coast and back with a typical pace of 18-20 MPH. Bring a headlight with you from October to April.
DATE: Tuesday mornings at 6:00 A.M.

DIRECTIONS: From Interstate 5 take the Lomas Santa Fe exit and go west. Go wet until you reach the ocean.

MAP: Fletcher Cove

-------------------------------------------------
Latest Duct tape QR Superfull fashion model
Last edited by: DocPeachhead: Feb 1, 07 9:49
Quote Reply
Re: TCSD website info any good??? [DocPeachhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think, but I'm not sure, that the ride starts at B&L Bike and Sports (local triathlon shop) about a block north from Fletcher Cove. Try calling the shop 619-481-4148 (http://www.blbikes.com). The shop website has a newsletter with many local rides etc listed.
Quote Reply
Re: TCSD website info any good??? [RL_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I circled by B&L twice this morning and not a peep. Will call them though. Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just realized I gave you the wrong area code. BL = 858-481-4148.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B&L had no knowledge of TCSD rides. thanks anyway........anyone else with some ideas?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doc, you should join the TCSD email list as those have the lastest info on rides and such. The following is an email from Amanda sent out on Jan 22 Note 6:30am :
Wake Up & Enjoy A Refreshing Bike Ride! Meet us on Tuesdays and Thursday mornings at 6:30am (until it gets brighter) for a 27 mile bike ride up the coast to Carlsbad and back. We meet at B&L Bikes in Solana Beach (Hwy 101, just north of Lomas Santa Fe). All levels are welcome to come out. There are some zippy racers and some mellow movers riding each week. Plus, you can't get lost on this bike ride!! Please arrive at B&L early, so we can try to start the ride as close to 6:30am as possible. When: 6:30 am every Tuesday & Thursday morning Where: B&L Bikes in Solana Beach What: A bike ride up the coast & back Who: Anyone who can ride a bike. You can't get lost on this route. So, come on out of hibernation and join us! Train Hard & Train Safe! Amanda
Quote Reply
Re: TCSD website info any good??? [The Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, that explains it!! it's funny i left B&L at 6:00am rode up to Oceanside and back on PCH and didn't see but one or two bikers up and back.

i assume they won't be doing any ocean swim at fletcher cove at 630am on friday.....do you think the saturday ride at from starbuck's in del mar will happen or should i go with the SDBC ride from lajolla??

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the Del Mar ride always happens. Just meet at Starbucks @ 8am.

The SDBC ride is scary as they tend to have people show up that don't have a lot of pack riding experience. Let me clarify, if you go to the SDBC ride then bring your Road bike and go off with the A group if you can hang. If you go off with the B group then I would suggest riding at the front.

Good Luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the Tuesday/Thursday rides are a bit hit and miss right now, in part because of the weather (a bit cold for us spoiled one's) and the time of year. Those rides should start picking back up pretty soon though, I'll probably start doing them regularly towards the end of February. The Saturday ride is a sure thing.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: TCSD website info any good??? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great thank you both for the info/clarification..............one last dumb question. do you think anyone will show up for the 1.5m ocean swim + 5-15m run afterwards this sunday at powerhouse park in del mar as advertized??

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doc,

I'm not sure where you're located, but I'm leading a group (my local Y's tri club) at 10am sunday morning at Carlsbad state beach (PCH & pine street). Swimming north parallel to shore 20 minutes up/20 min back. Meet at the grass area at the top of the stairs. PM if you're coming....so far we have 4 or 5 people going, a few are going for a short run immediately after.

JP

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: TCSD website info any good??? [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm coming from Crystal Pier in SD. If I get no response on Powerhouse Park I'll probably be there at 10 with you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doc, if you're coming....shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone number so we can make sure we don't miss each other.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't tell you for sure about the swim at Powerhouse Park on Sundays. Again, it is a year round thing, but it is more attended in the warmer months. As someone else posted, you should join the TCSD Yahoo group and post something on there to see if anyone is planning on going. That would give you a definite heads up on things.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply