Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be more competitive on the swim. I've always had okay swim times but not great, this leaves me to play catch up on the bike and run, which isn't all that bad as I am better on the bike and best on the run. But I really want to improve my swim time.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finish 50K run.
Big PR at IM Brasil.

How?
Do what the coach says.
Do a couple of big training camps/focused bouts of training.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Get faster at all 4.
2. Be "in the hunt" for winning a local sprint race (if the really fast people don't show up)
3. 10:45 or under at Moo and challenge for a Kona slot in 45-49.
4. Have fun with the family.

My plan is to achieve the above on 10-11 training hours per week.

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Goals: 1. Stay healthy and injury free. 2. Go close to 5 hours at Buffalo Springs Lake Triathlon in June. 3. Sub 5 hours at Longhorn 1/2 IM in early October. 4. Sub 2:20 for an oly somewhere along the way, 30+ minute swim notwithstanding.

How to achieve: Work on running strength (1:42ish off the bike for HIM). Ride longer "long" rides. Follow my own instincts on training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My primary goal for 2007 is to cheat on my diet following a race. I always resolve to go to DQ or somewhere and stuff myself post-race as a reward, and always wind up having a bagel or a muffin or something at least quasi-nutrient-dense instead. It's a tough goal, and I really have to get serious about this if I want to enjoy the race season.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish you luck I had a disc issue 3 years ago, bad pain could hardly walk.

Took about 4 months to even job follwing PT.

I hope to get to the bottome of mine in the next little while. MRI is next and if there is nothing there then a nerve test.

good luck.

http://slow-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goals for 2007:

- balance work, family and sport
- hold back early in the season so I don´t burn out before october
- do my local races without loosing sight of the big picture
- be nice to the wife so her patience doesn´t crash before october
- train all out in august, september
- be tough if the weather gets really crappy in september
- peak in october
- don´t do stupid stuff the last week before Ironman (climbing hualalai, getting carried away at the P.A.T.H-run etc.)

Race aims IMH:
- be smart
- hold back all day until 10 miles to go
- don´t get angry and loose focus when drafting occures
- remember the mental lessons learned at IMMoo
- run all the way
- set a run PR
- set a overall PR
- place top 200
- place top 100

(with the last 3 being highly unlikely)

:-)

Axel
Last edited by: Axel: Jan 28, 07 12:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to:

Swim 1500m in LCM on 19 mins +/-15sec
Run 10K sub 33min
Run ˝Marathon on 1:15
Come close to breaking 4h in HIM
Win swedish champinships OD or Sprint or both
Race some ETU Oly races for experience and preperation for future success.

How to achieve:

Go back in time to unbreak my clavicle, so I can continue and finish my swim focus months
Bike lots of long hard tempo rides
Try to do group rides more often (or at all)
Do bike races
Run intervals slower on shorter rest
At least 5 swims/w
3-4 bike rides/w (my strenght)
At least 5 runs/w
Eat less candy
Drink less beer
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [centermiddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Alicia -

On behalf of the "Keep Grand Columbian for the Locals" Committee (equivalent to the Committee to Re-Elect the President a la Richard Nixon), I would like to congratulate you on your performance in Grand Coulee in 2006. Having passed you in the other direction on the run, I can say with authority you were killin' it. That being said, please do not invite fast people to our races. I enjoy going top-25 and if you invite fast people to our remote venue then it is my people who suffer. If we need to sponsor you in order to change your open open arms attitude we would be happy to consider such a relationship.

Sincerely,

The Committee to Keep Grand Columbian for the Locals

Sorry, Dude. :) Just trying to share a good thing. All my regards to "your people."

Good Lord am I suffering in this picture. Nice. Like my new shorts leg sponsor?

P.S. What's it worth to you to keep mum on this fine race? I know LOTS of fast people. I'm thinking per click charge---mmmm... recurring revenue stream...

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Last edited by: aliciap: Jan 28, 07 13:01
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree - hopefully someone will pull this thread up periodically to see how we are all doing.

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like seeing how varied everyone's goals are, from winning races to balancing their lives to PRs to racing through pain . . . good stuff here.

And it seems like a lot of the 'how' falls into the 'more is more' school of training.

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Top of my list is to be nice to my wife to help her tolerate my training and race schedule. Second will be to train smart to prevent injury. I now have a draft race and training schedule for 2007. I race every week (bike, run, or DU) from April 1st till July 4th.

Goals:
Keep wife happy
No injuries
5k, 10k, and 10mile run PR
Qualify for and compete well in DU long course world championship
Qualify for 2008 short course DU world championship
Beat 2006 DU course times
Podium finish for all bicycle events at Senior Olympics Nationals in Kentucky
Be ranked in top 3 for CAT 5 Kansas Road race and individual TT throughout 2007 (joined local race team this year).

Training to a 550 hour annual schedule, balancing work, home, and race team commitments to achieve goals. Knees are allowing more running this year than previous few years and this is playing into some of the above goals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let's see: go under 4:20 at a HIM, finish top 30 at Timberman, and run a 32:00 min 10K (that's a bet with my coach ;))

To achieve those I plan to be consistent, be patient and train smart

Jorge Martinez
Head Coach - Sports Science
E3 Training Solutions, LLC
@CoachJorgeM
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [Jorge M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In no particular order, and I know I'll have to pick and choose with the races, but these are all that I've come up with:

-Swim less. Bike more.
-STAY STRESS-FRACTURE FREE
-Race, instead of just train all the time. One of those will be a 5k, the other a 10k, because I've never raced either. I'm scared to death of short races, and I need to get over it.
-Actually follow a training plan, rather than JFTing.
-<3:30 spring marathon
-~5:15 half IM (Timberman was 5:52. I think if I learn how to bike, and not spend so much time changing out of my swimsuit in transition, I'll be all set)
- seek revenge with the Maine Marathon course, which I crashed and burned on last fall
-make sure I get enough sleep each night!
-Halifax (maybe)
-Remember to be greatful every day that I can s/b/r

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [aliciap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Committee would like to make you aware that Jonnyo once tried to blow off the lid on the race, so we had to send him a message. Let's just say we sent him on a little extra journey during the run. I dare you to mention Mike Bressan's name in Jonathan's presence.

We will not be exorted, especially by fast people who know other fast people. Why is it you all hang out together?

Nice legs...er I mean shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colin, awesome goals...keep it up man. you can get there.

Kurt

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [centermiddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my gosh, I wish I were half as hilarious as you. Holy crap.

So back to the original topic: I'm going to hit the championship circuit this year and see what I can do. I haven't made it to Tri Nats in several years and look forward to making it out to Oregon.

My schedule: http://aliciaparr.com/blog/?page_id=202

How I'll do it: train lots and have fun

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The usual - Get as fit as I can on the bike to help with Miss P's training for IMUSA and IMH this year.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HEY HEY!!!! I dont mind the name Mike Bressan..... he is a top class guy and good athlete and very frendly person...

the name i dont want to hear is the one of the race director that found a way to make me lose the race by 60 secondes...

-sending me 3 miles of course on the bike
-locking the Grand Dam gates when i show up(bike)
-make sure no aid station where set up for me on the first 6 miles of the run
-give me a 4 minutes penality for ...................
and NOT APOLOGIZE for the lack of professionalism he showed, i was so mad and down.... it took me 1 full bottle of wine to get my smile back!!!!

but grand coulee is awsome, beautifull place, amazing homestay, community and volunteer, i would really like to comeback and race there.....it s a beautifull course and a really hard race!!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sub 2:20 Oly
unofficially did this at Nationals last year, the run was a measured 6.3mi, the bike seemed to be long on everyone's cyclocomputer, but officially not yet..
There's only one Oly with the actual distances in/near Colorado, which is Rattlesnake. Not an easy bike and the run can be hot (no shade) but I think it's doable. It would be easy to travel to a sea-level flat race and do it, but that costs too much.

I'm travelling to S. Africa for a month in June/July, which could make things tricky - winter down there, not many heated pools, and there are bike-jackings in Johannesburg plus some of the world's worst BMW drivers, so riding is also tough.
Plan on a strong run focus, once-a-week swim to keep fluent, and set up some hardy exercise-bike sessions. We'll see.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [trukweaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Colin, awesome goals...keep it up man. you can get there.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt. That's always nice to hear from someone who is already fast. I hope the snow is treating you well,
-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goal is to train for and complete IMCDA in late June, approximately 3 months after I become a first-time father. I have a feeling that it will be tough. I'll probably get by on minimal training, given the many sleepless nights I will have endured. It will be my first "M-Dot" Ironman finish, and second iron-distance finish. I hope to PR.

My plans are to train mostly for the bike, run 15-20 miles a week, and completely screw swimming.

Not that it is triathlon, but I hope to run a couple of 50Ks this year. All the ones I've run so far were super-hard, so I want to try an "easy" one and hopefully PR.

---------------

Kicking butt and writing down people's names since 2001
Quote Reply
Re: What are your 2007 triathlon goals and how are you going to achieve them? [Sidestroker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Manage family/work/triathlon
2. 5430 Long Course HIM
3. Coaching starts on 2/10
4. Raising $$ for Leukemia on TNT
5. Run my first 1/2 mary
6. Swim a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a few modest goals for 2007, none of them "tri" related as I've developed an allergy to water, but goals nonetheless:

Break 40:00 in a 10K
Snag a some podium slots in a few local DU's
Stay on my bike the whole way up Brasstown Bald at the TDG in April

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply

Prev Next