Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [mdd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, but let them think that, it makes for more fun when you pass them!

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [fleabates] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wears a doo-rag (usually stars and stripes version) .on the run with Oakley M frame sunglasses.

Has a bad boy tattoo on upper right arm and/or an eagle on left shoulder blade.
Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF
No, I used to have a cake, then I ate the damned thing. Sad truth, too- I was doing great all through January, down to 170 (at 5'7" LOL). My father and sister came to visit last weekend, bought a cake for my birthday, which is this coming Sunday. I ate the last of it last night. Now, my wife will make a cake for my birthday; she doesn't like sweets, so I will consume at least 80% of said cake. My wife is from Panama, and skinny husbands are a sign of a bad wife. She encourages me to try and gain a few pounds whenever family visits...

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [mdd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am a former weight lifter, football player, wrestler, and hockey player. None of those stereotypes apply to me and I think the label of this thread should be: Stereotyping of fat out of shape lazy people. Just because you lift weights and carry a bit more muscle mass than the average triathlete has NOTHING to do with running slow, missing cutoffs, drinking beer, or any of the other mindless stereotypes you have listed.
[/reply]Oh yeah? I bet I can bench more than you! Dude, you have to laugh at this. My ongoing conversion to endurance athlete from strength athlete would be depressing if I couldn't laugh at it.

Last edited by: lunchbox: Jan 26, 07 13:11
Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
They are big on high fives too.
LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find a 10 mile run means you can eat d*mn near as much cake as you'd like that day...you also may not want to eat as much cake due to the risk of digestive issues at one end or the other :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for reminding me of one other point:

Big guys just don't understand why all these skinny guys have digestive issues: "I train and race with Snickers and Hi-C, never get sick".

Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [randingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wears a doo-rag (usually stars and stripes version)

How else are they supposed to protect their flattop, mullet, or flattop with mullet?

They also love to fake bake and wear gold chains.
Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They get their shoulders wedged against the insides of the porta potty...which is bad because they can fill that thing up in one go

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the aquabike events...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, this thread is offensive...It's not a fanny pack, it's a bento box for my body!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey- I resemble that remark and you left out some of my favorites:
-I can eat more than that skinny guy weighs.
-How come no one has developed a fried chicken holder for the bike?
-If we ever do pass someone on the run, they can tell we are back there from the way the earth moves.
-That is not people clapping, those are my massive quads slapping together.
-On downhills on the bike, we try not to pass skinny guys too closely so that they don't get thrown to the side of the road by the jet wash.
Quote Reply
Re: more stereotyping: former lifters and other big folks [Plecostomus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You rock!!! But I think you have a little too much insight to not be one of these guys yourself.
Unfortunately true. The really sad thing is you'd think it takes muscle to swim and that fat floats well...all apparently myths.
Quote Reply

Prev Next