Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can I leave my CT in the cold?
Quote | Reply
Thinking about leaving it in the trunk for 2 days, but it's very cold. Will it harm the CT?
Quote Reply
Re: Can I leave my CT in the cold? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marisol,

I would think that being cold won't hurt it. The problem you could have is when you bring it back into a warm environment and the resulting condensation. If you have to do it, I would try to reacclimate in stages so to warm it back up gradually.

Bernie

Quote | Reply
Camel toes should NEVER be left in the trunk, especially in the cold.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I leave my CT in the cold? [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
even freezing cold? it's like 19 here and i want to leave it in the car for 2 days. I don't know if i have a gradual reacclimation option!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uh yeah. Like slowbern says, just let it thaw for a couple of hours before you use it again to make sure all the condensation is off.
I've left computers, pdas, cellphones etc in my car overnight etc and they were fine - the displays are very slow in the cold but that's about it :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]even freezing cold? it's like 19 here and i want to leave it in the car for 2 days. I don't know if i have a gradual reacclimation option![/reply]

Well your options are:
1. Let it gradually warm up and have any moisture build up evaporate before turning it on
2. Turn it on right away and have the moisture mix with the electrical current. :)

#2 would solve your problem in the future as to what you should do ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would get it a blankie and a magazine to read, two days is a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that electronics actually like the cold. I know a couple of guys who actually have refrigerators to keep their computers in (they are sort of weird though). The condensation will kill your machine though. Probably not the first time, but why take the chance?

Bernie

Quote | Reply
Computrainers, computers, cell phones, PDAs, hard drives, iPods.... millions of them are frozen every day in the back of UPS delivery trucks, the hold of FedEx cargo planes, and on the front porches of homes where they are delivered. Cold won't hurt electronics one bit. Taking frozen electronics and powering them up will.

As others have said, when you bring it back inside let it acclimate and come up to room temperature before you power it up. If you can do it gradually so much the better. I'd give it a day to get to room temperature and dry any bits of condensation before you power it up. Other than that, don't worry about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I leave my CT in the cold? [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's 19 degrees outside, your heat is running, and the humidity in the house is probably relatively low, so condensation won't be too big of a concern.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I leave my CT in the cold? [dbh1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here in iowa, it is cold and also the air is very dry. the only way condensation would get on it is if it was left outside for the frost to form on it. if it is covered up and/or in the trunk of a car, I would think there would be little to no condensation on it in winter weather.

(use code #48352 for 15% off your first order)
*Feel free to PM me with any specific questions about Hammer products*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the BF have a thing about CTs in hotel rooms???

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I would try to reacclimate in stages so to warm it back up gradually" Like a hypobaric chamber?

"I'd give it a day to get to room temperature and dry any bits of condensation before you power it up"

A day for a trainer to get from 19 to 72 degrees?? Huh?

Perhaps I should have bought the extended warranty on my DVD player. Because in the summer, when it's humid, condensation can form on the inside of the case and drip onto the circuit board.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Can I leave my CT in the cold? [sc3826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is in my garage always and lately it is about 20 degrees when I start riding it. So there is no problem with the cold or with riding it when it is cold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not good for lithium batteries though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap! Your post just reminded me that I have left all my hockey gear in the trunk...from last weekend's pond hockey tournament. No wonder my car smelled all funky this morning...

Oh man, I can't even think about how bad things are going to smell when they thaw. Popping my trunk will probably be like opening a tomb.

mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Umm, okay, I'll ask the obvious question: Why don't you just bring it inside rather than leaving it in the trunk for two days?

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Can I leave my CT in the cold? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Umm, okay, I'll ask the obvious question: Why don't you just bring it inside rather than leaving it in the trunk for two days?

-C[/reply]

well i didn't bring it.i was going to fly out of indy and needed it when i come there tomorrow and stay there. But problem solved, flew out of cincy.

Good info though, I think you guys are right, it would be fine as long as i let it warm back up:-)
Quote Reply