Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bodyglide sunscreen?
Quote | Reply
Anyone use it? I was thinking it was bettter under a wetsuit than most other lubes and might leave me with enough sunscreen to survive the day.
Any feedback?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do..and love it! I forgot to add any sunscreen at both Steelhead and Clearwater 70.3...and was fine. Easy to get out of wetsuit too..
Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [kschreiner21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking "no way" but then I have yet to swim in a wetsuit so most of the places I apply body glide don't see the sun.

This leads me to a question…how much body glide do you apply prior to putting on your wetsuit. For it to be a substitute for real sunscreen you would need to apply it to most of your legs, and all of your arms and shoulders. Do you really use that much body glide?

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aren't most sunscreens supposed to be bad for wetsuits????????

Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This leads me to a question…how much body glide do you apply prior to putting on your wetsuit. For it to be a substitute for real sunscreen you would need to apply it to most of your legs, and all of your arms and shoulders. Do you really use that much body glide?

Some guy who asked to "borrow" mine at a race last year applied it to his whole pasty white flabby body, used about half the stick. I nearly punched him in the face. I don't lend stuff at races now so if I tell you to f%ck off blame that guy :)

I just do the ankles, wrists and neck but I'm not racing anything longer than Olympic so only two hours in the sun after the swim. For long course I might reconsider.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dick,

I've found that I don't burn in areas my wetsuit covers when I use it ... so long as I wear my wetsuit! I still put on higher SPF protection # sunscreen after the swim ... and still can burn mildly at the end of the day. I suspect that using bodyglide with screen alone will fair badly for most.
Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought to. I've been thinking about how to do this for IMAZ because I don't want to waste a lot of time, but I'm so pale I could get a very bad burn if I don't get some sunscreen on. You're doing IMAZ too right? I guess the only thing to do is try the bodyglide sunscreen on under the wetsuit, do some swimming, then go for a bike ride or run on a sunny day?
Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping that that's not the case. I hate to waste a bunch of time applying new sunscreen.

Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [erinleigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, if I can stay offf the pavement. Let me know how that works. I'll have to try the same.
I PMd Emilio about the Banana Boat Surf and Baby, that I use. I thought they were fine. those stay on really well, but I don't know about an IM. This will be my first. I think a little tan beforehand would be a good start.

Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [erinleigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I,ve tested quite a few sunscreens as I am extremely fair skinned and the UV rays in New Zealand are pretty severe.
The best sunscreen is XTERRA 44 Ultra made by Solrx. It does what is says it does. It stays on (even under wetsuit) and does not run off into your eyes. It is quite sticky and you need to let it soak into your skin, but it is supposed to last eight hours (I've done 5hrs without reapplication and not burnt).
The other two sunscreens which are pretty ok are Hawaiian Tropic Ozone Sport 30+ and Fruit of the Earth Dry Sport 30 plus. However these both run off into your eyes as you sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know that I would rely on Bodyglide to be my sunscreen of choice---it's a nice side benefit I suppose that the product can be had in a sunscreen version---but I don't oftentimes put it in places that are typically exposed to sunlight....ya know?
Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [janini9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried that one, but the Banana Boat baby and surf stay on as well, and don't burn the eyes, (the BB Faces, interestingly, does). I just thought the bodyglide might be better as an all around choice, but it doesn't sound like anyone's giving it the big thmbs up.

Quote Reply
Re: Bodyglide sunscreen? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean you don't swim in a wetsuit or ride a bike, and then sun worship au naturel.

Last edited by: docfuel: Jan 26, 07 18:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL....
Quote Reply