Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

differences btw 06 and 07 Cervelo Soloist Team?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if there is any major differences btw the 06 and 07 Cervelo Soloist Team? Seems most places are selling the 06 for $100-$200 less than the 07 frame. Since I'm planning to swap parts from my old bike to my new bike and doing this is going to cost me some money I'm more inclined to go with the 06, plus I think the 06 is an all black frameset which is really sharp looking.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?
Quote Reply
Re: differences btw 06 and 07 Cervelo Soloist Team? [derobj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi There

That was my thoughts excactly. I bought the 06 frame 1 month ago at 1050$ instead of the 07 model for the same reason you describe.

As far as i can see the only change is the colour, and the "old" black is much better that Grey.....

The black frame is really sharp :-)

Just be aware of which seatpost iit comes with, I think they have changed the spec for the 07 model to the carbon seatpost, and you might only get the alu version on the 06 frame.
Quote Reply
Re: differences btw 06 and 07 Cervelo Soloist Team? [Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also noticed that there is a different fork on the 07 model. Any reason that different fork would be worth extra dough?
Quote Reply
Re: differences btw 06 and 07 Cervelo Soloist Team? [derobj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Depends what you get on the 06 model, they had different specs for the fork.

I got my 06 with the Wolf CL fork, which i am satisfied with. I think it is the same model on the new 07 bike. Aero and quite light considering the metal steerer, i got a size 61cm and i favour strengh before saving a few grams.

Allthough i had 2 04 models with both Easton EC90 and the older cervelo full carbon fork. I really liked the Cervelo fork, very light and ridgid. Dont know the model name, but it was this one :

I dont think you will notice the difference. Wolf CL looks good on the bike. I would worry more about the seatpost
Quote Reply