Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ergomo and FSA Cranks
Quote | Reply
I have been told by a very reputable bike shop that if I want to put an Ergomo on my bike I have to buy the Ergomo cranks because the cranks I have aren't compatible with the Ergomo BB. I have FSA SLK cranks on a Mega Exo BB. I am sure they are correct, but the Ergomo cranks look an awful lot like FSA cranks just rebadged. Can anyone confirm this, or am I being sold a bill of goods.

Thanks.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ergomo and FSA Cranks [GIO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ergomo's only come in a square taper, octalink or isis version so your external BB setup you have right now won't work (neither will most current Shimano or other higher end brands).

Yes the Ergomo crank is the same thing as an older FSA, both FSA and Ergomor we're reselling another companies crank at the time I believe. It's reputed to be a very nice crankset. I have mine set up with an FSA carbon elite crankset circa 2005 or so on an octalink spline. Works great!

Good luck, and they are not jerking you around, sounds like good advice from the shop but there are other options for the cranks besides the Ergomo units if you really want to look around and/or don't like orange very much:)

Tai
Last edited by: Tai: Jan 17, 07 15:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your cranks are not compatible, since the BB spindle is integrated into the crankarm. You will need new cranks, but not necessarily the Ergomo ones.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Ergomo and FSA Cranks [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got no problem with the Ergomo cranks. They are almost identical to the ones I have now and the orange matches my paint scheme so I get style points as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meant to say "they are NOT jerking you around..." cool glad they match your bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can spec a multitude of cranks on ergomo - but not the external bearing type .

Current favourites on our specs would be -

ISIS BB - For weight Stronglight Pulsion or FSA SLK , for looks FSA TT crank
Square - Ergomos own crank
Octalink - Controltech
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Yes the Ergomo crank is the same thing as an older FSA, both FSA and Ergomor we're reselling another companies crank at the time I believe."

Not really.

Probably the same crank, but made by a subsidiary of TH Industries, which is FSA. FSA is a brand name used by TH for the bike parts they sell themselves, but that isn't the extent of TH's manufacturing operations. TH/FSA make parts for some surprising folks, including Groupo, Ritchey, Pinarello, and, well... lots of folks.

TH doesn't sub out much work. It tends to buy in - or buy out - if it is interested in something.

If a product looks like an FSA product with a different name, it probably is, and FSA got paid for it, one way or another.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply